New Cymbals: (1 Viewer)

Break Neck Speed

Website
myspace.com
So Ive broken all my cymbals. Radial cracks in the ride & two crashes. Mostly due to me not using any top felts the past 2 years. Im not really bothered about the crashes as Ive gone through my second set of Zildjian avedis rock crashes in 6 years but Ive had the ride (avedis ping ride) since I started playing 10 years ago. I thought it was unbreakable.

Anyway, Ive to buy new cymbals over the next two months. I want 19" & 20" Zildjian avedis medium crashes & a 22" Zildjian avedis ping ride. Cheapest ive found them so far is on drumshop.co.uk.

Anyone know any other companies? Cheers.

I just bought this
93591.jpg

to replace that AAX from Total Music Supply for €195. Never seen an 18" cymbal for under €200 before. Same place I bought my 16 and 17" A customs last year. Was listening to sound bites on Zildjian Sabian and Paistes websites for about an hour in total yesterday comparing different ones to the AAX and the rest of my cymbals and this was one of the few Id narrowed it down to. Then it turned out TMS have it on special offer. WIN. Dont seem to have any of what your after unless you fancy getting the 21" Avedis sweet ride for €256. Good price, free and quick shipping.

Sweet ride is to washy. Ping ride for life haha. I can get everything I need for 700e. Just
need to get the cash together before our next gigs in March. If anyone needs any tees printed... haha.

Fair enough, but now that I think of it would you not be worried about such big cymbals drowning out your 14" hats?

Fair enough, but now that I think of it would you not be worried about such big cymbals drowning out your 14" hats?

I hadnt even considered that. The mastersounds are loud though. Ive played with two 19" rock crashes for years & they are harsher than the medium crashes so Il be okay Id say. If the ride is too loud I can just put a strip of gaffa tape underneath.

tbh, id go with rock crashes in a heartbeat again but they've discontinued the 19" which is a shame. My fave cymbal ever (until I fall in love with the new ones)

AAX all the way, don't think I'll ever use anything else, sweetest sounding cymbals ever, and they cut through the heaviest sounding filth you can throw at them!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back