new Crystal Castles album (1 Viewer)

fuckin hell. Maybe the reason they're like R@@@ is cos they just rip them off.

I also heard a rumour that they upset an Irish band recently by 'borrowing' some ideas off them.

what a shower of pricks.

still, I do like the album

I really like the record. Thought they were good @ Kennedy's too - just too short a set. Really looking forward to the Andrews Lane gig.

I actually thought the Crystal Castles set was a perfect length coming at the right moment after a great build up courtesy of Cap Pas Cap and our DJs on the night. They were dark, edgy and very compelling, perfect really for a late Friday night club experience. Little wonder they were on the bill for Fabric the following weekend with Justice, James Murphy et all… It ranks one of my favourite Max Joy shows!

Putting them on early on a Tuesday night with no real attention to proper programming is very disappointing to say the least. The context is all wrong. That and the ticket price raise a serious question. Is the promoter only interested in making money on this show? Where is the value for the punter?

I had hoped that we raised the bar for putting on these kind of shows but paying attention to detail obviously doesn’t matter if you have the right contacts, infrastructure & momentum behind you. This pisses me off way more than Crystal Castles ever could.

It's €15 or something this time. You guys put them on for what, €10? They are a much bigger act now, with an album under their belt. Yeah, early Tuesday is not ideal at all. I'd much rather a weekend night late to enjoy it to the full.

I have fond memories of the gig you put on though. This will be a very different experience.

Bit harsh slagging off a promoter for putting a band on a Tuesday night. Surely this is determined by the band's own touring schedule? I don't imagine Crystal Castles come cheap either. They're becoming a pretty big act and are represented by a big agency.

I kind of agree, but I also kind of get pissed off when going to a gig on a monday night, thinking that we're not much more than an afterthought. Invariably said band will have played London or Manchester or whereever at the weekend.

Still, I suppose we should be glad of seeing them at all.

I saw them in the Roisin back in May and they didn't even play for half an hour which was a bit of a piss take considering that they were doing a headline show for a tenner a pop. If you haven't got enough material to do a decent length show then you should be playing for free or you should only be the support act. In saying that I really like the album even if does dip a bit at the end and most of the best tunes had all been released as singles previously. I don't really see the point of yer wan though. She doesn't even feature on most of their best tunes and she's seriously fucking annoying live. I assume yer man's riding her? I mean why else would you keep her around?

I kind of agree, but I also kind of get pissed off when going to a gig on a monday night, thinking that we're not much more than an afterthought. Invariably said band will have played London or Manchester or whereever at the weekend.

Still, I suppose we should be glad of seeing them at all.

And also think about the fact that around a year or two ago you would've been guaranteed they'd play the UK and not even consider playing Ireland, now you have small bands doing tours of Ireland

"I assume yer man's riding her? I mean why else would you keep her around?"

- you are an idiot.

CC are deadly. Messed up C64-ish bleepy dementia. Most of their songs just sort strike me straight away - on my wavelength. Their set for Rob Da Bank last year was brilliance. Not for everyone though.

Jesus they do seem to attract the hate. Of course it doesn't help that they're pretty and cool, or rude and tell lies to the press, or played some twenty minute shows, or they're album is full of tunes that have been on the internet for a year. But it's just nice that they exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back