new charlatans single (1 Viewer)

I remember reading in some magazine a few years ago (I think some Dance music one) and an artist was complaining about the Cubase sound, the same samples/loops/styles turning up in various tracks. As this is in my area of academic research (sad but true) would anyone have further info on this phenomenon? IE off the shelf sounds becoming popular and the like.

I remember reading in some magazine a few years ago (I think some Dance music one) and an artist was complaining about the Cubase sound, the same samples/loops/styles turning up in various tracks. As this is in my area of academic research (sad but true) would anyone have further info on this phenomenon? IE off the shelf sounds becoming popular and the like.

Casio.
Linn Drum.

whats cliff richard saying?

I can't remember exactly, but he was going on about selling his album on the internet for whatever people want to pay as if the idea had come to him in a dream at no point aknowledged that Radiohead had done so two weeks previous... though in fairness he probably doesn't know what a radiohead is...

"Sir Cliff, 67, said: "Who'd have thought I'd get a buzz from creative marketing? As artists we face a stark choice. We either keep one step ahead of the technology or we throw up our hands and quit... Personally I'm not for quitting."

though on googling there looking for the quote I noticed that he's actually got more of an e-bay "pay what you want" scheme where the price is driven by deamnd... don't really understand it to be honest...

"Over the next two weeks the Cliff Richard Organisation will collect online pre-orders for the new release with the price of the album dropping the more fans place orders. The maximum they will be charged is £7.99, with the figure dropping to a minimum of £3.99 if enough victims sign up. On release of the album all fans will ultimately pay the same, lowest price."

amusingly it's EMI who are backing the whole mess, who (one could argue) Radiohead gave the two fingers too when they launched the whole Rainbows thing

I presume you've watched that video about the world's most used drum sample that seems to have become the basis on jungle and drum and bass?

If not....

I saw a documentary where the background music was a slightly modified version of the demo song on reason 2.5. They could've at least picked a demo song that wasn't the default one that opened with the program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back