New albums worth listening to (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

a little bit more towards the wistful lush 70s pop vein, rather than the odd folk side, but still a pleasant listen if not as good as some of her other stuff IMHO

a little bit more towards the wistful lush 70s pop vein, rather than the odd folk side, but still a pleasant listen if not as good as some of her other stuff IMHO

The auld Condé Nast global media corp has really lined up for this one, and her you are saying it's second rate!

are you slagging me, her, or conde nast? (or all three?)
I think i'm calling you a hipster and positing a conspiracy theory about Condé Nast. I listened to a few tracks off the new one because of all the hype and it still just sounds like the Zombies to me so i'm not pushed on it either way, I wish her luck!

I think i'm calling you a hipster and positing a conspiracy theory about Condé Nast. I listened to a few tracks off the new one because of all the hype and it still just sounds like the Zombies to me so i'm not pushed on it either way, I wish her luck!

to be called a hipster is probably one of the milder insults traded about here. and in this case at least I can truly make the classic muso statement that ''I preferred her earlier, less commercial stuff''

I did google for reviews after the conde nast comment - the media are fairly creaming all over this one for sure.

to be called a hipster is probably one of the milder insults traded about here. and in this case at least I can truly make the classic muso statement that ''I preferred her earlier, less commercial stuff''

I did google for reviews after the conde nast comment - the media are fairly creaming all over this one for sure.
Honestly, i'm mostly just making an observation that I find it interesting when the biggest media lines up to anoint someone, first they get a long New Yorker profile entitled The Radical [X] [Y] of [Artistname] followed by a best new music and 8-10 rating in Pitchfork, and all the rest of the media follows suit.

I don't really know what to make of it all, like i'm not passing judgement, media's job is to do media and new albums are to be promoted, but it always feels like a black box who gets chosen and it's never to do with the intrinsic quality of their latest album. Maybe what gets me is that it always feels less like describing a zeitgeist moment and more like trying to create one.

Honestly, i'm mostly just making an observation that I find it interesting when the biggest media lines up to anoint someone, first they get a long New Yorker profile entitled The Radical [X] [Y] of [Artistname] followed by a best new music and 8-10 rating in Pitchfork, and all the rest of the media follows suit.

I don't really know what to make of it all, like i'm not passing judgement, media's job is to do media and new albums are to be promoted, but it always feels like a black box who gets chosen and it's never to do with the intrinsic quality of their latest album. Maybe what gets me is that it always feels less like describing a zeitgeist moment and more like trying to create one.

I definitely think there’s a coordinated marketing/influencer route for ‘cool’ music that’s probably only a little more organic than that for more mainstream music.

And fashion is fashion, no matter what the style you’re into

This is fucking amazing

Instrumental krautrock

This Cheat Codes record is fantastic

If you like Danger Mouse and Black Thought
And also MF Doom and RTJ and Raekwon and all that kind of new 'old school' hip hop, it's such a pleasing record
There is something about danceable righteous truth getting spat at you

Record of the year btw

A thread for new albums. Seems appropriate for a music forum I think. There was a spell of yearly threads a while back but seems to have died off.

The new Black Midi. Love it. Only ever dipped into their previous output but have this on serious rotation the last few days. Proper proggy goodness

Still getting joy from this? I need to play it more

late 2022 shout, the new Album Collective from this year is brilliant. Seems to blend all the good stuff I liked about them, Feels, Strawberry Jam, MPP and Person Pitch (Panda Bear) years

the recent Sonic Boom/Panda Bear is also very good

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back