New album excitement (1 Viewer)

have a look on discogs at the price of vinyl copy of gas - pop. i hear gas are great

yeah, it'll be c.d. for me. nah und fern vinyl was only edited highlights - one track from each of the last 3 albums, plus one exclusive cut (and nothing from the self-titled debut)

Indeed, CD is the way to go for this. Splashed out on the box set last year and couldn't justify another 80 quid or so on this one.

As Dunderhead says GAS is really made for a continuous listening experience and vinyl doesn't really suit it. Having said that- am delighted to have Oktember on vinyl- it's a truly great track and not available on the Nah & Fern box set..

Am looking forward to the 2nd raison d'être & troum collaboration which might not be as good as the first one or maybe will just be the same old stuff.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I see there is a new double Richard Youngs album out and a new vinyl collaboration with Neil Campbell due in a few weeks. I'm too worn out trying to keep up with his releases to be excited about these.

how'd this go btw?

Tom Dunne said it's the first OMD album he's ever liked
Well, as far as song writing goes nothing much has changed since their heyday, they didn't deviate from the tried and trusted OMD recipe at all and it sounds a bit formulaic. They seem to be having a great time but imo the songs are not that great. I like them to be a bit more melancholy and angsty with more minimalist synths and production. I only listened once.

I liked the new OMD but felt there were a few filler tracks on it. I'm tempted to buy it on vinyl for that cover though, beautiful.

New Ariel Pink album out this Friday. There's a couple of tune up on youtube. All seem to be in this washy 80's style. I really like this one.

Must get the new king gizzard album as well, sketches of east brunswick, i'm liking the sound a dat.
New St. Vincent & Ducktails albums due in October also.

Last edited:
New Ariel Pink album out this Friday. There's a couple of tune up on youtube. All seem to be in this washy 80's style. I really like this one.

Must get the new king gizzard album as well, sketches of east brunswick, i'm liking the sound a dat.
New St. Vincent & Ducktails albums due in October also.

I've only really started getting in to Microtonal Banana in the last week or so. It's a great album.

Well, as far as song writing goes nothing much has changed since their heyday, they didn't deviate from the tried and trusted OMD recipe at all and it sounds a bit formulaic. They seem to be having a great time but imo the songs are not that great. I like them to be a bit more melancholy and angsty with more minimalist synths and production. I only listened once.

I keep getting OMD and OMC confused in my head. And then getting that How Bizarre song stuck in my head. Actually listening to OMD might fix this.

I keep getting OMD and OMC confused in my head. And then getting that How Bizarre song stuck in my head. Actually listening to OMD might fix this.
I spent about 6 months staring at this every day in the library

9781927249222.jpg

no one ever checked it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back