Neutral Milk Hotel (1 Viewer)

monkeymafia

The Continuum Books' eclectic 33 1/3 Series is a collection of "little books about great albums". The latest in the series, Kim Cooper's history of Neutral Milk Hotel's 'In the Aeroplane Over The Sea'. The book explores the band's friendships, its role within Elephant 6 and previously unpublished information on recordings, songwriting and touring. It also features interviews explaining some of the reasons why Jeff Mangum left public life just as his band was taking off. It also includes a dozen rare images.

Neutral Milk Hotel disbanded in 1998, not long after the release of the album. The album, however, continues to sell 25,000 copies a year and was reissued by England's Domino label in September.

they make music for jessies, tho. jessies, students and the gays.

Wings, now there's a band.

currently rocking to Band on the run. you know it.

'Everything Is' is one of my favourite singles ever. Must say, I'm just as into 'On Avery Island' as I am 'In The Aeroplane..' Both great rekkids.

Far as i read Jeff Mangum was making a sound collage record he created while in europe. Anyone know if it's near release or if it's ever gonna be?

is it just me or are the majority of books about music shit... i mean i'm google would probably provide all the information you need to know about jeff mangum. i'd rather just listen to the album, if it weren't for the fact that his voice can go a bit thru your head if you listen for too long

coast to coast said:
is it just me or are the majority of books about music shit... i mean i'm google would probably provide all the information you need to know about jeff mangum. i'd rather just listen to the album, if it weren't for the fact that his voice can go a bit thru your head if you listen for too long

As Elvis once said :

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - it's a really stupid thing to want to do."

Unclealo said:
Thought Zappa said that :confused:

I've heard it attributed to E Costello, but I think it was actually Zappa's.

In penance, another example of Franks wisdom

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open.

Wheels said:
As Elvis once said :

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - it's a really stupid thing to want to do."
I wouldn't go that far but I just think that good pieces of writing of music are few and far between. There's nothing wrong with dancing about architecture, its just that I don't usually spend money on it.

hit%20the%20road%20bob.jpg

"Hit the road."
"Yessum."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back