Neutral Milk Hotel (1 Viewer)

NMH aren't/weren't a very popular band, in fairness. Do you think he could do Vicar St or something?

They're worse than the Velvet Underground for posthumous popularity though. That album became a real album for people who are 16 and looking for *important indie music*.

Which from about 2005 onwards was a lot of people....

It will be full of 20 - 25 year old dickheads who own the album, only listend to it once but know when to drop it into conversation that they like it.

They will be bored senseless but will attend the gig just so they can update their facebook staus to show that they are there, this will only be done once they've used shazam to find out it's actually him on stage or not after ambling back from having a smoke and seeing someone onstage.

Damn kids with their technology.....

London dates sold out in 3 minutes this morning.

I'd expect they'll take less time to sell out here after ticketmaster staff take 95% of the tickets before they go on sale.

we should all try and buy a few each to cover each other should anyone not be able to get some.

Or else just get Foggy ; to be really nice to us and have a thumped presale or something. Pretty please?

They're worse than the Velvet Underground for posthumous popularity though. That album became a real album for people who are 16 and looking for *important indie music*.

It will be full of 20 - 25 year old dickheads who own the album, only listend to it once but know when to drop it into conversation that they like it.

They will be bored senseless but will attend the gig just so they can update their facebook staus to show that they are there, this will only be done once they've used shazam to find out it's actually him on stage or not after ambling back from having a smoke and seeing someone onstage.

Damn kids with their technology.....

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg

I seriously think yous are trying to preemptively strike on just fucking HOW indie you actually are, so when yous go to the gig and (embarrassingly) recognize a person from another indie gig, you know you've set your stall out, and can comfortable execute a head nod with the minimum potential for sudden movement.

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg

I seriously think yous are trying to preemptively strike on just fucking HOW indie you actually are, so when yous go to the gig and (embarrassingly) recognize a person from another indie gig, you know you've set your stall out, and can comfortable execute a head nod with the minimum potential for sudden movement.

What? I'm not going to the gig. I've never even listened to this band. I knew I should have tried to fit 'for better or for worse' somewhere into that.

That album became a real album for people who are 16 and looking for *important indie music*....

I knew I should have tried to fit 'for better or for worse' somewhere into that.

I knew i should have put in the part that said 'that implies they buy this album when they are 9'.

I like their most popular album. The other ones, not so much. The first I heard of them was John Darnielle doing a cover of 'Two Headed Boy' - I prefer his version actually.

So is this just the singer doing a gig, or are any of the other members involved? Isn't that chap from A Hawk and a Hacksaw something to do with them?

their old drummer I think,seen Hawk & a Hacksaw supporting Portishead in Edinburgh a few years back,they were nothing special tbh

their old drummer I think,seen Hawk & a Hacksaw supporting Portishead in Edinburgh a few years back,they were nothing special tbh

Cheers for replying. I was gonna go and see them in the Workman's when they played there recently, but never got around to it in the end. I like what I've heard from them though. How were Portishead? I'd like to see them.

Portishead are one of my favourite bands,they sounded incredible!
they strike me as a band who rehearse to death before a tour,no fuck ups and very precise but it still had a groove and life to it
she's a fucking monumental singer though!
yeah definitely one of the finest live bands I've had the privilege of seeing

Great news,was hoping for a Dublin date.
Whelans will be a lovely little venue for it too
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tickets sold out at 9:10 - FUCK!

Absolutely gutted about this - can anyone who knows someone who's flogging tickets to get in touch with me? NMH are one of my absolute favourite bands of all time.

Over I go to toutless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back