Neutral Milk Hotel (1 Viewer)

when pushed to decide or deciding to decide on my lonesome

in the aeroplane...

is my favourite album of all time.Amazing lyrics, vocals. bonkers and beautiful music.

i remember seeing them listed (in event guide i think )years ago as playing support to someone in the funnell.anyone know? anyone at it?

i think alas all the copies of the album have been yoinked from tower. definately not by the employees though!

hermie said:
so do these guys tour or what?it's more or less just jeff magnum right? couldn't be thathard to get them over could it:rolleyes:

Be my guest. There's an interview on Pitchfork that should shed some light on tour availability. Sorry to laugh...

Though there's a live Jeff Mangum live solo CD on Orange Twin that's great.

Jp.

what I really love about Neutral Milk Hotel (I only discovered the album this year, I couldn't believe it's 7years old!) is that it can be really ugly and abrasive, with off-key singing and bizarre lyrics, but it's so beautiful at the same time. Two-Headed Boy is indeed amazing. you can listen to the album on repeat and not get sick of it, though I am particularly enraptured by the first five songs!

sweetoblivion said:
what I really love about Neutral Milk Hotel (I only discovered the album this year, I couldn't believe it's 7years old!) is that it can be really ugly and abrasive, with off-key singing and bizarre lyrics, but it's so beautiful at the same time. Two-Headed Boy is indeed amazing. you can listen to the album on repeat and not get sick of it, though I am particularly enraptured by the first five songs!

due to the influence of franz ferdinand and the arcade fire, domino are re-issuing "in an aeroplane" next month:) :) :)

giveadogabone said:
due to the influence of franz ferdinand and the arcade fire, domino are re-issuing "in an aeroplane" next month:) :) :)
Due to the influence of BURTIOS n BLUES last night I'll be releasing a septulpe gate fold heavy vinyl choclate bottle version of 'Out ya get' as originally recorded by MY ASS!!!!!! ALLAHQUANDO!!!!!!!!!!!

hey Kevin, have you seen that Beulah DVD a good band is easy to kill? i've only heard about it. is it worth getting?

i dunno i prefer Beulah and Of Montreal to neutral milk hotel ... but i like all three of em. I haven't heard enough of Olivia tremor control or apples in stereo...

buck said:
I haven't heard enough of Olivia tremor control or apples in stereo...

apples in stereo are a little meh-heh in my minds eye

but Black Foliage by O.T.C is one of my favourite records ever, I think I have three copies of it, 2 on CD from when Chapters sold it for like 50p one time and another on LP... SUCH a record...

otc.gif

6000 SUX said:
These guys are deadly. Just got "In an Aeroplane over the sea" and it is mental.
been meaning to pick this up for a few weeks now...thank you thread!!! i have made up my mind to purchase today!!! why am i exclaiming!!! cuz i'm excited!!! and talking to myself!!! i'm the idiot!!!

Heard "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" being played in Office shoe shop on Grafton St y'day.

Bazaar.

And yeah, that cover's good. Fair play Outspan.

I must be missing something. I picked this cd up recently, never having heard it, and having been aware of how much people raved about it over the years....and I thought it was awful!! Maybe it needs a lot of listens, but it's really not grabbing me at all, at all.
Advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back