Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (1998) (2 Viewers)

Don't put up Midlake next Pete fer christs sakes.

I'm not gone on this album at all. I gave it a 3, but a 2.5 wouldn't have gone amiss. Filed away under 'turn of the century music I'm not bothered with'.

See also: The Shins, Midlake, Bloc Party.

It's obviously Joanna then. Still have to throw in my 2 cents about NMH ..... will do later.

As soon as I read that Robert Schneider produced it I knew..this is my kinda shit

housemate around 2004 came home with this one day and I never showed much enthusiasm I suppose because I can't remember it getting a play on the living room stereo. first I'd heard of it, have heard plenty about it/them since and was familiar with the opening track. that's the extent of my background with this album.

I'm sure everyone here has plenty of experience of buying many albums over the years where the thing blows your fucking mind pretty much instantaneously and you keep going back for a hit. over the next few weeks you play it a lot. Even purposely making yourself take a break from it so as to keep it fresh but inevitably over time it will begin to recede and a month or two later, rather than think 'fuck thats an amazing album', you're closer to, 'it's a good album, yeah'.

That scenario usually plays out over a month or two. However, this is what I got from this album in the space of about 3 days. First day maybe 3 full listens, few stand alone tunes here and there on top of that got a few repeats, slightly less day 2, by Monday half a listen, Tuesday finish off that listen. another full listen tonight to double check.

My listening habits these days are not drawn to this type of album. Obviously from what I said already, I really liked what I heard initially. yer man's voice didn't grate me as I thought it would from what very little I had heard before. I let the lyrics pass by rather than take much notice. I'm a sucker for nice melodies and this dude has a few belters on this album and the whole haphazard package of the album works. I just got bored of it really, really quick and I can't foresee myself revisiting this with the possibility of it changing my opinion for a good while. 3/5

Last edited:
fingers crossed
510G84rDbtL.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back