Netflix Bans The Red Pill (2 Viewers)

I can't see how feminism is to blame for any of this though
Actually maybe this is the key point. The fact that most positions of wealth and power are held by men doesn't mean that non-wealthy and non-powerful men have it good, and some men have it very bad indeed

But, @BlackGrape - this isn't the fault of 'feminists', or 'the media'. This is everyone's fault. We all construct society together. And MRAs aren't really activists - they're people who whine about shit online, and all the whining and blaming isn't achieving anything

As an example - I'm really uncomfortable with the way 'masculinity' is never mentioned without the word 'toxic' before it, because I like men and think they're mostly sound, and there are things about masculinity that I think are very positive. But banging on about feminist oppression on reddit isn't the solution - in fact it only makes things worse, and makes masculinity seem more rather than less toxic

Actually maybe this is the key point. The fact that most positions of wealth and power are held by men doesn't mean that non-wealthy and non-powerful men have it good, and some men have it very bad indeed

But, @BlackGrape - this isn't the fault of 'feminists', or 'the media'. This is everyone's fault. We all construct society together. And MRAs aren't really activists - they're people who whine about shit online, and all the whining and blaming isn't achieving anything

Kind of like the way rich business owners hire immigrants at a cheaper rate instead of giving everyone a fair and equitable wage. And then people blame immigrants rather than the rich assholes that're exploiting them.

Does that happen much here? You never really hear people giving out about illegal immigrants in Ireland, or at least I don't. Any whinging I hear is usually about legal migrants entitled to the same wages as anyone else

Does that happen much here? You never really hear people giving out about illegal immigrants in Ireland, or at least I don't. Any whinging I hear is usually about legal migrants entitled to the same wages as anyone else

It might be more of an American thing at present but it is starting to creep in here in a big way.

theres a fuck tonne of newspaper distros, kitchens, delivery companies, bars , cleaning companies etc that have been at this for years here.

Well it goes on, sure, but tbh I don't really hear people bitching about foreigners-taking-our-jobs at all, and I live in the sticks where you'd expect people to be less tolerant (and they do give out about crime by foreigners)

(btw MCRI says about 20-26k total illegal immigrants (including kids) so say 15k of them are working. Total workforce is around 2 million, so that's around three quarters of a percent of the workforce illegal)

I'm out drin

But, @BlackGrape - this isn't the fault of 'feminists', or 'the media'. This is everyone's fault. We all construct society together. And MRAs aren't really activists - they're people who whine about shit online, and all the whiniing...

That is an excellent point egg.

Well it goes on, sure, but tbh I don't really hear people bitching about foreigners-taking-our-jobs at all, and I live in the sticks where you'd expect people to be less tolerant (and they do give out about crime by foreigners)

(btw MCRI says about 20-26k total illegal immigrants (including kids) so say 15k of them are working. Total workforce is around 2 million, so that's around three quarters of a percent of the workforce illegal)

I'd say between the lot there would be less potential tax intake than tax Lowry owes.

theres a fuck tonne of newspaper distros, kitchens, delivery companies, bars , cleaning companies etc that have been at this for years here.

One thing that is happening here is that certain companies in Ireland are exploiting loopholes in immigration laws whereby they are going to other countries and hiring people for less money than they would pay Irish staff and paying for them to come over. The people who are coming over are then entitled to register as homeless and are put in emergency accommodation.

This has a knock on effect that the narrative is then skewed so that it looks like:
1. The fordinners are taking the jobs
2. Irish people are too lazy to work the jobs in question so we have to cut social welfare. The Irish Independent actually ran a story a little while ago stating that a company in Kildare had to hire staff from Eastern Europe because people in Ireland wouldn't work the jobs because they had it too good on the dole. It turns out afterwards that the company had never actually advertised the positions in Ireland.

When what's really happening is that certain scumbag companies are exploiting people and loopholes in the law for their own gain and everyone else suffers.

One thing that is happening here is that certain companies in Ireland are exploiting loopholes in immigration laws whereby they are going to other countries and hiring people for less money than they would pay Irish staff and paying for them to come over. The people who are coming over are then entitled to register as homeless and are put in emergency accommodation.

This has a knock on effect that the narrative is then skewed so that it looks like:
1. The fordinners are taking the jobs
2. Irish people are too lazy to work the jobs in question so we have to cut social welfare. The Irish Independent actually ran a story a little while ago stating that a company in Kildare had to hire staff from Eastern Europe because people in Ireland wouldn't work the jobs because they had it too good on the dole. It turns out afterwards that the company had never actually advertised the positions in Ireland.

When what's really happening is that certain scumbag companies are exploiting people and loopholes in the law for their own gain and everyone else suffers.

I don't have a fine point / retort here but i makes me think about how this is in parallel to people being paid peanuts to make clothes for PENNIES!!! and shir its not immigrants its just poor people somewhere else. Like to approach a societal sense of value of products or something like that for the work done we'd be pricing ourselves out of a lot of activewear and socks just to be ethical, not that i'm pointing this at you or anything, moreso on the wider range Irish folk are happy to shop discount while a % will be bitching about immigrants being here on a fiver an hour on the same breath. I kinda think this or a tech famine might come to a head in the next few years, a breeze of cold reality around labor and ethics of sorts.

as regards women v men, the females get the shit end of the stick in almost every regard.
if men don't agree then we have the option to to avoid relationships with women - no problems then.

however being a child from the 70's to 90's i found that sexual abuse aside women can give men
a run for our money when it comes to mistreating the kids e.g. regularly being disrespectful, slapping etc. and being nasty to children.

i'm talking about society in general treating kids poorly and it's still ingrained into law and NOT being addressed.

sorry to bring this up here BUT...

i'm agreeing with the general consensus here :
being a white, middle aged man in a rich country i'm privileged.
But is a child ? NO, not even today.

feel free to ignore or delete this if it is sidetracking this tread.
but i will makes this point again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back