Netflix Bans The Red Pill (1 Viewer)

Repelies

Hey Thumpsters. I like most of you do not like to be told what you should or should not do ore else bad things will happen. I’m just a regular, Joe living my life. That said, I am open-minded and believe that getting different perspectives and listening to many viewpoints is important in shaping my world view.. The world would be a dark and dull place, indeed, if we were all coerced to accept only one side of any given equation. And yet, that is what we are increasingly being bullied into doing, as evidenced recently by the totally exaggerated reaction by many to filmmaker Cassie Jaye’s documentary The Red Pill. Cassie Jaye is a proud feminist and documentary maker who sought out to uncover the MRA or Mens Rights Activism movement in America.

She wanted to find out the groups objectives, what it stands for and what its views on women are really like. In spite of the movie’s huge commercial success, Netflix has refused to air it. Upon its release in Canada, Australia and the U.S. last October, feminists have come out en masse to protest viewings, and independent cinemas have been under huge pressure not to show it including here in Dublin.

The interviews Jaye conducts for the documentary highlight issues like men having virtually no rights when it comes to custody disputes, and the fact that if a woman should decide to abort her baby, her spouse or partner would have no say in the matter. The documentary also highlights the fact that 93 percent of workplace fatalities affect men, and that 4 out of 5 suicides are men.

A close friend of mine who was married for 12 years was in the middle of an ugly divorce that has saw him evicted from his own apartment. His wife has already moved in her new fella and had made outrageous and false accusations against him which thankfully the judge saw through. Nevertheless, the experience has destroyed him and to the point were he was sectioned. He also lost his apartment ( he didn't have the stomach for the fight) because she will need it to raise her son who is almost 16. Go figure.

So is Netflix agenda driven? why do they not want you seeing this documentary which btw is rather excellent.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ah, the red pill or how the mens right activists have misappropriated an idea from a film about being transgender.

The Real Red Pill: What Men Still Get Wrong About 'The Matrix' and 'Sense8'

Is it not more accurately a film about living in a fake universe that has been appropriated first by some members of the trans community and some people who would consider themselves mra's, and to assume an ownership of an artistic device based on the gender of the artist not a problematic train of thought to begin with, like must we relate to the pill device in this film only as allies of our transgender friends or are we allowed the syntax of applying it to our own lives? Like a lot of us have jobs with computers that we think are bullshit.

Hey Thumpsters. I like most of you do not like to be told what you should or should not do ore else bad things will happen. I’m just a regular, Joe living my life. That said, I am open-minded and believe that getting different perspectives and listening to many viewpoints is important in shaping my world view.. The world would be a dark and dull place, indeed, if we were all coerced to accept only one side of any given equation. And yet, that is what we are increasingly being bullied into doing, as evidenced recently by the totally exaggerated reaction by many to filmmaker Cassie Jaye’s documentary The Red Pill. Cassie Jaye is a proud feminist and documentary maker who sought out to uncover the MRA or Mens Rights Activism movement in America.

She wanted to find out the groups objectives, what it stands for and what its views on women are really like. In spite of the movie’s huge commercial success, Netflix has refused to air it. Upon its release in Canada, Australia and the U.S. last October, feminists have come out en masse to protest viewings, and independent cinemas have been under huge pressure not to show it including here in Dublin.

The interviews Jaye conducts for the documentary highlight issues like men having virtually no rights when it comes to custody disputes, and the fact that if a woman should decide to abort her baby, her spouse or partner would have no say in the matter. The documentary also highlights the fact that 93 percent of workplace fatalities affect men, and that 4 out of 5 suicides are men.

A close friend of mine who was married for 12 years was in the middle of an ugly divorce that has saw him evicted from his own apartment. His wife has already moved in her new fella and had made outrageous and false accusations against him which thankfully the judge saw through. Nevertheless, the experience has destroyed him and to the point were he was sectioned. He also lost his apartment ( he didn't have the stomach for the fight) because she will need it to raise her son who is almost 16. Go figure.

So is Netflix agenda driven? why do they not want you seeing this documentary which btw is rather excellent.
how come you're not on my ignore list anymore?

Is it not more accurately a film about living in a fake universe that has been appropriated first by some members of the trans community and some people who would consider themselves mra's, and to assume an ownership of an artistic device based on the gender of the artist not a problematic train of thought to begin with, like must we relate to the pill device in this film only as allies of our transgender friends or are we allowed the syntax of applying it to our own lives? Like a lot of us have jobs with computers that we think are bullshit.

Good point.
On a personal level, definitely personally, it can be related.

The problem I feel is when big movements adopt an artist's idea, if the artist doesn't support the movement.

how come you're not on my ignore list anymore?

It is the computers controlling it

I have a lot of sympathy for people who want to talk about the problems in divorce court and custody over kids or the huge issues with mens mental health.

But then out come the divorce dad bracelets and the rants about how it's all the feminists fault and also isn't it weird how black people are getting all the good jobs these days just because of political correctness.

Build a fucking bridge lads.

Netflix have zero obligation to air anything, it's a commercial business so they'll make decisions based on what makes most commercial sense for them. If the makers of this doc want people to watch it they can put online for free.

Netflix have zero obligation to air anything, it's a commercial business so they'll make decisions based on what makes most commercial sense for them. If the makers of this doc want people to watch it they can put online for free.

They made a political decision, besides its better than most of the crappy docus on there and it would have made commercial sense as there is definitely an audience for this.

I have a lot of sympathy for people who want to talk about the problems in divorce court and custody over kids or the huge issues with mens mental health.

But then out come the divorce dad bracelets and the rants about how it's all the feminists fault and also isn't it weird how black people are getting all the good jobs these days just because of political correctness.

Build a fucking bridge lads.

Doing so well until you wandered into misandrous piffle and and cliches.

Build a fucking bridge? then watch the fucking film.

Watch The Red Pill Online Free 2016 Putlocker - Putlocker - Watch Movies Online Free

They made a political decision, besides its better than most of the crappy docus on there and it would have made commercial sense as there is definitely an audience for this.

Its their decision and they owe you nothing. Your opinion on whether its good or not or commercially worth it is immaterial. Likewise with my opinion of it. Your sense of entitlement is pretty humorous though...

You are going into conspiracy theory land again the maker of it possibly just doesn't have a good distributon for it which is perhaps even more likely if it is a low budget or indie production. There is potentially a million reasons why it is not on Netflix other than it been censored because of a secret agenda.

Its their decision and they owe you nothing. Your opinion on whether its good or not or commercially worth it is immaterial. Likewise with my opinion of it. Your sense of entitlement is pretty humorous though...

I watched the video on another stream but really felt that it needed a wider audience (which Netflix would provide)- its that good. The only thing this film incites is compassion and understanding for men’s issues. And you are right , it is their decision but if you don;t think it was politically motivated then I guess you don't notice all the liberal PC shite they have on that site. However, fair play to Amazon and Google for streaming it on their platforms.

Last edited:
You are going into conspiracy theory land again the maker of it possibly just doesn't have a good distributon for it which is perhaps even more likely if it is a low budget or indie production. There is potentially a million reasons why it is not on Netflix other than it been censored because of a secret agenda.

Its on all the other streaming platforms including Amazon, Hulu, Google Play etc etc.

I guess no more than twitter wars and so forth my main curiosity recently is the middle ground and how it might be approached. MRA's and Feminists will tend to end up creating information silos out of social media networks and there are a few outcomes from this.

Knowledge of the chosen direction increases as well as contact with people who have similar interests or objectives and narratives will compound beliefs, all in complete oblivion to the other group. The shock of MRA groups actually existing is readable on a weekly basis on feminist twitter, likewise this backlash to women who say no to sex reeks of living in an internet fantasy world for too long.

Further into the information silo, the concept that someone could be thinking A: you are all morons B: you are all wrong C: your gods are meaningless etc becomes a little distant.

Its really easy to see men slipping towards the MRA venn diagram. I literally read every day on twitter what is wrong with men. Especially white men of my age, i.e. me. The aggregate of this in comparison to middle ground people being vocal about like, i dunno, maybe 'i'm a feminist but i don't think men are literal shit' is pretty low in the vocally polarized world of social media, which makes it really easy to believe that women just fucking hate you, you stupid wanker. If you experience this kind of polar talk while you are skimming along the surface of the MRA bubble with lads going 'come play with us, the water is great, we think you are wonderful' well, its a pretty seductive thing to be told that you are right every day. A few days of this, or a few days being a woman told that you are an object in the private messages of tinder, while the sweet sisters on twitter are like 'exactly our experience, come and hang with us on this internet over here and we'll talk it out'. Its just easy, really easy and completely understandable that people will gravitate to those who reaffirm them.

The lady with the documentary here (that i havent watched it yet but might) seems to have played the 'not getting on a platform as promotion' card very well, fair dues to her, she knows her trade. She made the front page of brietbart with it which is kind fascinating considering the world it is today. I see a value in what she's doing but I might reverse that opinion when i've watched this thing. However what might be lost here is that she's someone who swam with the sweet sisters on twitter and decided to jump into the icy cock pit of the MRA world and communicate, and to take the potential message of this documentary to its conclusion, what she's probably trying to tell you is to drop the MRA circle jerk and go swim with the sisters and listen to them for as long as you done with the brothers and see if you can still feel comfortable in the polar end of the venn diagram with the guys calling for mandatory sex and a non equity 1950's fantasy of societal patriarchy.

Did you watch it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back