Nespresso style coffee machines (1 Viewer)

Getting one of the above for work after an old one packed in last week. Was a huge variety of pods used on it. Also a Krups. Seeing as though there will be a few folks using it I need to make sure it's workable with the variety of non-Nespresso pods. Can anyone confirm this? cheers
I had a Krups before. It was great tbh. I had it as a home machine but then brought it into work as is was a bit too bulky for the kitchen. It was about 3 years old when I brought it in and it lasted another 2. It got repeated use with all sorts of different types of nespress knock-offs. Basically, if the knock-off said 'nespresso compatible', it'll work.

That machine in your link looks way more modern than my yoke. I'm not sure who has the contract to make nespresso machines now - I don't think its Krupps, so this is likely an older model.

Btw, it might be checking out the nespresso machines sold directly by nespresso. It might cos a little more but they normally throw in a tonne of free coffee with it.

I had a Krups before. It was great tbh. I had it as a home machine but then brought it into work as is was a bit too bulky for the kitchen. It was about 3 years old when I brought it in and it lasted another 2. It got repeated use with all sorts of different types of nespress knock-offs. Basically, if the knock-off said 'nespresso compatible', it'll work.

That machine in your link looks way more modern than my yoke. I'm not sure who has the contract to make nespresso machines now - I don't think its Krupps, so this is likely an older model.

Btw, it might be checking out the nespresso machines sold directly by nespresso. It might cos a little more but they normally throw in a tonne of free coffee with it.
cheers, went with that option. defo better value all freebies taken into account

I hate how the supermarket coffee isle is all pods now. There hasn't been decaf ground coffee in any place around here for about a month. I blame Brexit.

I discovered recently that I had been burning the shit out of the coffee I made in my moka pot. Combining that with the absolute muck I accepted in work for years meant I had an impression that baristas practiced witchcraft in coffee shops. While their dedication to the art is definitely far beyond mine, a total change to my coffee making ritual has removed much of the bitter taste to my coffee I had accepted for years.

we only got one recently as weirdly they were hard to get for induction hobs a year or two back when we last looked half-heartedly, but tk maxx had loads in recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back