NEIL YOUNG ARCHIVES (1 Viewer)

Very excited about this. I don't think TFA is as great as many people do but when it's good it's among the best shit he's ever done. Hearing more of THAT band doing THOSE SONGS? I might have to splash out for whatever exorbitant price the vinyl is going to be...

Very excited about this. I don't think TFA is as great as many people do but when it's good it's among the best shit he's ever done. Hearing more of THAT band doing THOSE SONGS? I might have to splash out for whatever exorbitant price the vinyl is going to be...

Yeah, this is going to be a good one!

The rarity of TFA certainly added to its mythic status. I think it’s a belter and would put it above Tonight’s the Night, which is the one of his masterpieces that I think is good but not amazing in my ears.

Time fades away is rare? Really? I definitely see it regular enough without looking.
Well it was hard enough to find as it was never released on CD but they reissued it on vinyl a couple of years ago. I don’t think I ever saw a copy in Dublin before that (I bought an original on eBay maybe 15 years ago).

I knew it hadn't been on cd for a long time,but the vinyl seems tohave always been around.
I got mine at a record fair,really nice shape with the poster for I think 12euro,years ago.

I remember On The Beach being "rare" too,and then I was given a copy as a birthday present and it seemed to pop up everywhere after. (and then of course a few years back there was a glut of bootleg vinyl copies)

Now when I say I see it often,I'm talking 4 or 5 copies a year. But I don't consider that rare.
In comparison,I've only ever seen his first record on vinyl a handful of times ever,and as a result don't own that one.

I knew it hadn't been on cd for a long time,but the vinyl seems tohave always been around.
I got mine at a record fair,really nice shape with the poster for I think 12euro,years ago.

I remember On The Beach being "rare" too,and then I was given a copy as a birthday present and it seemed to pop up everywhere after. (and then of course a few years back there was a glut of bootleg vinyl copies)

Now when I say I see it often,I'm talking 4 or 5 copies a year. But I don't consider that rare.
In comparison,I've only ever seen his first record on vinyl a handful of times ever,and as a result don't own that one.
I get you. I don’t really go to record fairs though, I guess if I’m basing things on the few shops I go to then I’m only getting a partial view of what’s out there.

I love a good lost album!

Is it any good? Wiki says it's been on bootlegs forever
Tracklisting is completely different to the bootlegs out there, fans put those versions of Homegrown together without ever really knowing what was supposed to be on it. So I've no idea how good it will be but I imagine it will be fucking deadly as this is one of his best periods.

Tracklisting is completely different to the bootlegs out there, fans put those versions of Homegrown together without ever really knowing what was supposed to be on it. So I've no idea how good it will be but I imagine it will be fucking deadly as this is one of his best periods.
classsss

seriously, I live for this shit.

I'm a bit cynical about "lost" albums as I think they are usually "lost" or "unreleased" for a reason. I'm pretty excited about this though. It really is a record that he made at an incredibly productive and amazing period that just didn't get released.

And the laid-back country-style Neil Young is exactly the kind of Neil Young I need right now.

I'm a bit cynical about "lost" albums as I think they are usually "lost" or "unreleased" for a reason. I'm pretty excited about this though. It really is a record that he made at an incredibly productive and amazing period that just didn't get released.
Oh they're always much better in your imagination.

So Prince has this unreleased song called The Divine, he talked it up a few times in interviews (over a good 20 years) saying things like it's "too good" to be heard by us plebs. I kind of hope it never comes out because it'll never live up to how it sounds in my brain.

I’m really excited about it. And hopefully it means some of the other lost Neil Young albums come out too.

What other ones are there? Homegrown always seemed the biggie. Interested in hearing any kind of speculation here .....

Chrome Dreams
Oceanside-Countryside
Old Ways (original version)
Comes a Time (original version)
Tonight’s the Night (original version)
Toast

I'd be very interested in Toast. Most of Chrome Dreams appeared on subsequent records, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back