Needle phobia (1 Viewer)

has anyone ever had one of those injections they stick into your spine? lumbar puncture? something like that... sounds horrendous

when i was working in a hospital lab, i accidentally broke someone's spinal fluid sample, making it unusable.

has anyone ever had one of those injections they stick into your spine? lumbar puncture? something like that... sounds horrendous
actually, i'd freak if i got one of those. all just to get some tiny bit of fluid in yer spine, fuck that.

Thank goodness no. But my Mum had one a month for 5 years of her life. Always makes me count my blessings when I hear that.

Arm smarm... until you've had an injection in the roof of your mouth you know nothing... and as for having that go wrong... I couldn't eat for 5 days and swallowed so much blood that I was vomiting for days - (SORRY EVERYONE!)

Pft! That's nothing :)

I had a massive big needle ting shoved through my neck and into my mouth. I had to be strapped down for it and screamed so much my Da heard me in the waiting room and burst through the doors to rescue me. The doctor came along and gave out to the nurse about it and he booked me in to do it under general anaesthetic.

Has Pete fainted yet?

Pft! That's nothing :)

I had a massive big needle ting shoved through my neck and into my mouth. I had to be strapped down for it and screamed so much my Da heard me in the waiting room and burst through the doors to rescue me. The doctor came along and gave out to the nurse about it and he booked me in to do it under general anaesthetic.

Has Pete fainted yet?

I'm guessing yes... is there someone who can go and check on him?

Should I tell the story about having an eye op under local anaesthetic and seeing the knife and hearing the scraping as it cut through flesh?

Hello, anyone?

i hate needles. i didn't even read any of your posts properly as the words "prick", "vein" and "spine" made my stomach feel awful. :(

youse are all spinelessvain pricks.

How do youse feel about sub-dermal injections? They don't go into the vein, so I suppose it's a bit like getting a tat. How about one of those high-pressure sub-dermal injection gun things?

Some gobshite I know is a diabetic and every time I call to his house he insists on testing my blood sugar level. It's gas. One little prick indeed.

i had two in the space of a few days once. they were pretty shit and weird (strange pains/feelings in random parts of the body, etc) but absolutely nothing compared to my worst needle experience - an anesthetic injection into an anal abcess. i howled.

pete - have you ever tried hypnosis therapy or anything like that?

i had two in the space of a few days once. they were pretty shit and weird (strange pains/feelings in random parts of the body, etc) but absolutely nothing compared to my worst needle experience - an anesthetic injection into an anal abcess. i howled.

pete - have you ever tried hypnosis therapy or anything like that?

i have a card for a hypnotherapist my GP recommended last year but i haven't done anything about it yet - i've no faith in it working, so....

do you have any more likely alternatives? it seems that you clearly really want to be rid of this problem; that's a great start, and i would think you can build on that to at least give you the confidence/faith to try various ways of solving the problem.

Yeah I think acupuncture would be ok, but I don't believe in any of that voodoo mumbo jumbo so I don't think it'd work on me.

Best suggestion I've had so far was Valium.

depends of course on if you want a permanent solution or a temporary quick fix. i'd probably go for the easy option too, wimp that i am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back