NCT (1 Viewer)

siobhan

My heap of car's NCT is up at the end this month.
It's deffo going to fail and I'm sort of short on time and spondoolies so do I

1. put the car in for its NCT first to see where it fails, then give the list to the garage and say 'fix those things and nothing else please thankyou'
and then take it for re-test...

OR

2. take it to garage first in the hope they'll cover everything (but the garage might convince me i need more than necessary done) and then take it in for it's NCT

Any advice appreciated- I'm an NCT virgin.

(also- I live in Drimnagh - the nearest NCT centre is in Liffey Valley- is it ok?)
Ta muchly x

Some garages do a kind of pre NCT service with a garuantee that if it fails they'll carry out any necessary work without any extra cost.

Not sure where though.

All the NCT centres are the same. Money theiving pricks. My car failed once because the left headlight was half a degree out of line.

They nearly failed me because the windscreen washer wasnt hitting the window properly. But i fixed it there and then and he let me off. It all depends on the person you get on the day.

Spam Javelin said:
Some garages do a kind of pre NCT service with a garuantee that if it fails they'll carry out any necessary work without any extra cost.

Not sure where though.

that should be standard not just 'some garages'.

think i will take it to fail it's nct first then to garage then back to nct again.
backwards or wha'

I read only the 1st post...yours and of course go for 1)

Those fucks find any reason to fail it....it works out cheaper believe it or not by doing 1)

If your car is taxed then don't bother with an NCT until it's time to retax it. I drove for about 5 months without one on my old car and never got stopped. My mate did the same and got stopped four times and each time he said that he's only just failed and is waiting for the garage to fix the immissions. The gards don't care about NTC only tax and insurance.

do the test first because the nct pricks can think of anything to fail u. on second last nct, they failed me car cos the tester bloke couldnt be arsed to untangle the seatbelts in the back-seat and said they were broken. no point complaining either.

Pilchard said:
do the test first because the nct pricks can think of anything to fail u. on second last nct, they failed me car cos the tester bloke couldnt be arsed to untangle the seatbelts in the back-seat and said they were broken. no point complaining either.

!!

i just paid my tax but i couldnt go around with out of date NCT.
what would my mother say?

NCT centres remaining open

To prevent infection spreading in the waiting area people are being asked to pay for the test in advance online, then park at the test centre, leave the keys in the ignition, climb into the boot and close it.
Once there they can text the NCT tester who will test the car as normal.
Afterwards they will email you the results and open the boot from a safe distance with a hurley so you can drive away.

NCT centres remaining open

At least the public are getting clear and unambiguous messages

I'd imagine having heard of the full lockdown the NCT folk will sort out the family stuff today and tomorrow and sort out the policy on monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back