NCAD show pics (1 Viewer)

Hair Iron Madin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnnymcmillan/

some nice work there. Shame IADT was so !zed this year. heard some of the DIT stuff was quite impressive too. Why is there such a disparity between the colleges? It seems more and more that DIT and NCAD especially in fine art are leaving IADT to eat their dust.

ah well.... at least there are lots of pretty art ladies to look at while you tear off one of those diploma/degrees from the ream sitting in the dispenser on the toilet cubicle wall :D

Looks damn good alright, but then the NCAD show has always been very strong in my experience. the IADT show seems to suffer from a lack of organisation and horrible layout as much as anything. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the organising committee should be dragged out onto the street and shot for this year's travesty (last year was bad enough, though there was a lot of good work if one was willing to find it, I thought)
Also, there's a load of photography in those pics, is that the DIT stuff? I didn't think NCAD offered it...

Hair Iron Madin said:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnnymcmillan/

s

Why is there such a disparity between the colleges? It seems more and more that DIT and NCAD especially in fine art are leaving IADT to eat their dust.
BECAUSE THE TEACHERS ARE SHIT AND THE WAY THEY RUN THE COLLEGES IS EVEN SHITTER.

THEY'RE NOT BEIN' STRICT ENOUGH FROM THE ADMISSIONS STAGE ON.
THE STUDENTS WHO GRADUATE HAVE WOEFUL FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS. IT'S A JOKE. FOR INSTANCE: IRISH ANIMATION COMPANIES ARE NOW GOING TO ENGLAND TO LOOK FOR GRADUATES!! THEY'RE JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH OVER HERE.

DUN LAOGHAIRE
AND BALLYFERMOT ARE TRADING OFF A REPUTATION OF 10-15 YEARS AGO. BOLLOX.

AS FOR FINE ART..

THERE'S STILL TONS OF BULLSHIT TOO MAN. DITz DO A FANCY JOB AT THE PRESENTATION STAGE BUT MOST OF THE WORK IS NON-DESCRIPT AND VERY 'OH...MY 1st IDEA IS GREAT, I WON'T DEVELOP IT ANYMORE....KEEP IT PURE YOU KNOW?!'

MY FUCKIN' HOLE!!

FINE ART ALWAYS HAS AND WILL BE RUN BY INCOMPETENT, UN-TALENTED, HYPE CHASING SHIT BAGS...

ARRTAQUAANNDO!!

lol, art
Starling-Shedboatshed-5.jpg

c0De_n1NjA said:
everyone should just be into maths.

i heard art married maths and had two offspring called science and religion who dont really get along too well, a bit like cain and abel (the two guys in that big book thats always causing a fuss)

I understand that NCAD students really don't like their lecturers. They're always being pressured into changing their work and that it's not good enough and that it doesn't make any sense and that they should all cop on.

There's a pic of me in some NCAD art. Can't find it on the net though

seanc said:
I understand that NCAD students really don't like their lecturers. They're always being pressured into changing their work and that it's not good enough and that it doesn't make any sense and that they should all cop on.

Sounds good to me.

I studied photography as part of my degree in DIT.

This mainly involved perusing the lecturer's portfolio (soft toys. impaled. on a wall. in Israel.) and talking about Richard Avedon.

"I have a question about aperture"
"Get out of my class."

Bellatrix said:
I studied photography as part of my degree in DIT.

This mainly involved perusing the lecturer's portfolio (soft toys. impaled. on a wall. in Israel.) and talking about Richard Avedon.

"I have a question about aperture"
"Get out of my class."

kiss my aperture

Bellatrix said:

Words fail me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back