Mystery Train being axed (1 Viewer)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RTÉ Radio has announced major changes to its schedules from September 2006.
On RTÉ Radio 1, Ireland's most popular station, Liveline with Joe Duffy will run for an extra 15 minutes to 3pm Monday to Friday.
Liveline will be followed by a new two-hour programme presented by Derek Mooney. With a working title of Afternoon Ireland, the show will be a music and speech magazine programme reflecting the life and times of people throughout Ireland.
Derek Mooney will continue to host his hugely popular Mooney Goes Wild on One on Saturday mornings.
From 5pm there will be a new three-hour drivetime strand combining news, entertainment and sport. This new rolling concept in programming will begin with an hour and a half of news and current affairs, followed by half an hour of sports hosted by Des Cahill.
At 7pm Dave Fanning, an acknowledged authority on music and movies, presents an hour of popular culture, entertainment and music.
Features, Arts and Drama remain key components of RTÉ Radio 1's daily offering and will be broadcast, along with music feature programming, between the hours of 8pm and 10pm nightly.
Tonight with Vincent Browne remains between 10pm and 11pm; a new arts programme will air five nights a week from 11pm to midnight; and John Creedon will complete the new line-up, taking listeners into the small hours with Late Date, from midnight to 2am.
After seven years, Mystery Train presenter John Kelly has decided to concentrate on other broadcasting commitments.
Commenting on these developments, Ana Leddy, Head of RTÉ Radio 1, said the station "has the people, talent and resources to bring the best of popular radio to [our] listeners.
"We aim to appeal to bigger audiences across the whole schedule whether in news, entertainment, sport, music or culture. Our plan is all about competition, integrity, choice and quality."

RTÉ 2fm
Over on RTÉ 2fm, the 2006 autumn schedule sees key changes in the afternoons and evenings.
Nikki Hayes will anchor lunchtime on the station with a new show from 12 to 2pm; Rick O'Shea, moving back to daytime, will present a new three-hour show every evening from 6pm; and Damien Farrelly will cover the new night-time show from 9pm until midnight.
Newsbeat becomes 1-4-7 with elongated news and information bulletins across the day at 1pm, 4pm and 7pm.
Avril Hoare will present a new Friday evening entertainment show Here Comes The Weekend, and Dave Fanning will return to his musical roots with a new two-hour early Sunday evening show from 7pm.
Welcoming the changes, John Clarke, Head of RTÉ 2fm, said they would "add further strength to the channel that is number 1 with 15-34-year-olds nationally.
"The recent JNLR figures of May 2006 confirm that RTÉ 2fm has 12 of the top 20 programmes in this age group. These changes will be supported with a nationwide search for new talent and I am greatly excited about the prospects this could yield for 2fm," said Mr Clarke.
[/FONT]

FUCK RTE. THEY'RE A SHOWER OF USELESS CUNTS. NO SURPRISE REALLY. IS IT JUST ME OR IS EVERY SHOW ON RTE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME. SHIT.

NOT THAT IT MATTERS CAUSE I NEVER LISTEN TO RTE RADIO. MY DAD STOPPED LISTENING TO MYSTERY TRAIN A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO... SAID THE WHEELS CAME OFF IT AND OLD FA CUP HEAD WAS PLAYIN' RUBBISH. IF THE AYATOLLAH VAN HALEN SAYS SOMETHIN' ... IT'S WRITTEN IN STONE

ALLAHQUAANNDO!!!

axeman.gif

buriedgrave.gif

Axeman.jpg

Unknown Convict said:
i didn't either... well, not exactly, but i heard he wasn't best pleased. a mate who works there tells me he might be on his way to lyric (read: coventry). i was just trotting out the old politician excuse...
000020ea.jpg

ah sure, he still has the View don't forget and all his wanky friends who go on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back