My Microphone is a Fiend - help (1 Viewer)

classic seanc

My microphone won't work.
It won't work with Skype or with the windows recorder or anything.

IT flatmate reckons its just that my settings are wrong somewhere, but where?

My PC has 3 different mic jacks, I'm not sure why. Which is the right one?
Sound card is a Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1
The mic itself works fine on other PC's, so it's not that.

Help plzzzzxxzzzz.

Use the pink mic input. Then go to the sound card driver check that nothings muted there and then check the control panel>sound and audio devices and check there too.

I have 3 pink mic inputs.
I *think* there might be a fourth that's a different colour too. I don't know why, where do they go? what do they do?

I *think* there might be a fourth that's a different colour too. I don't know why, where do they go? what do they do?

Have you looked at the sound mixer in either your soundcard driver or the sound and audio devices bit? Are there 3 mic levels there too?

I've a mic input on the front and back of my pc but they both go to the same place.

Just to clarify,
I have one speaker input and one mic input at the front, where they normally might be.
I also have another speaker input and another mic input at the back, where they normally might be.
Then I also have six more inputs, which is the soundcard I guess, they’re 6 different colours, one of which is a mic input afaik

Dunno if that helps but….

Just to clarify,
I have one speaker input and one mic input at the front, where they normally might be.
I also have another speaker input and another mic input at the back, where they normally might be.
Then I also have six more inputs, which is the soundcard I guess, they’re 6 different colours, one of which is a mic input.

Dunno if that helps but….

Right, then plug your mic into either the front or back mic input. Then go to control panel>sound and audio. Then voice (recording) and check that the microphone is selected and that the volume is up.

OR plug the mic into the soundcard mic input and get the soundcard dialog window open and check the voice/mic input from there selected and the volume/gain is up. It may be a bit of both where you'll plug into the soundcard and select the soundcard in the sound and audio devices and do as above.

If that doesn't work tell your IT flatmate to sort it. :)

Fixed.

The mic port at the back (not the soundcard one) is blue. The pink one is actually orange. I dunno what's going on, but it works.

IT flatmate said "That shouldn't be right".
yep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back