My Enviornment, My Film; Video Making Competition And Workshop (1 Viewer)

Darklight

Website
www.darklight.ie
Make a short film on the Environment and become a category winner in the Darklight Film Festival. Open to all.

When was the last time you saw a movie or TV programme that really inspired you to look at the environment in a different way? Did you become more aware of nature? Did you think more about a problem facing our surroundings? Or maybe you felt there was something you could do in your daily life to bring about change? Well the EU Commission in Ireland, Cultivate and Darklight are inviting you to make a short movie on "Your Environment". The theme could be anything from climate change, to positive steps that we can take to protecting our local environment. The choice is yours. It doesn't matter if you shoot it on your mobile phone, a state of the art digital video camera, or create your own DIY
animation - the ideas the thing. Make it a comedy, a tragedy, a documentary, an animation - whatever takes your fancy. Movies have the power to change and that power is in your hands. By creating a short film you can make more people aware of a problem and a potential solution. This competition is open to people of all ages and all experiences.

The proposition

Make a short film inspired by the title "My environment, my film". It's all about self-expression. And if it gets people thinking, even better!

...the prize

The winning entry will win a state of the art HD Digital camera and have their work screened this October at the 2010 Darklight Film Festival. This is supplied by Tyrell: cct.

The web

As this is an internet competition, your entries need to be uploaded onto a video hosting site - You Tube, Google Video, Vimeo... Any online video hosting site will do nicely. Once you do that, submit your link, along with your details, on the "Entry" page(euireland.ie/darklight/entry). NB: Don't forget to check out the terms and conditions of this competition.

Entries must be uploaded to one of these sites between now and the closing date of the 15th of October.

The criteria

The winner will not only be selected on the basis of the best film produced, but also by the number of hits their video gets. 75% of the marks for the movie will be given over to creativity and imagination, and 25% for building an audience.

The judges' decisions are final.

The workshop

We will also be holding a free one-day workshop on Saturday 28th August, showing you how to make your own online films and distribute them online. It doesn't matter if you are a novice or experienced, you will be sure to learn something on the day.

For further info visit www.darklight.ie

For applications go to:
http://www.euireland.ie/darklight/entry.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back