My Computer not seeing things plugged into usb ports (1 Viewer)

Catwoman

OK so I'm trying to connect new mp3 player to computer at work. I've set everything up as I did the home PC but no joy - I get a message saying it's detected the mp3 player, and another one saying ready to use. But the mp3 player software is saying it's not connected, and My Computer isn't showing a new drive. It does this with USB memory keys too...

:confused:

Sounds like your IT department has implemented some kind of group policy disabling USB drives for security reasons. Can other people in the office access USB drives?

Sounds like your IT department has implemented some kind of group policy disabling USB drives for security reasons. Can other people in the office access USB drives?

nah, for one thing we don't have an IT dept as such - there's a company outsourced for such things but they don't do much, and for another until recently I've had no problems with the USB ports. Now all of a sudden they're refusing to work. I've found something on the net about resetting them, but my mouse is via a usb so this is proving problematic.

right click on my computer and click manage with the usb thing plugged in. sometimes the computer renames the drive to a name that is already being used in which case the latest usb thing won't show up. just rename it and it should show up ok.

happened me a while ago...

It's giving it the name '0' drive - should I change it?

*EDIT*

Done! And sorted! Thanks everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back