My child is doing my fucking head in (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 311
  • Views 27K
  • Watchers 9
My first drink with mates was at 12 but I hung in there till 16 before getting drunk. Very much the last of the gang though.

I made cider this autumn fwiw, from our own apples. Younger one wouldn't go near it. Older one tasted it and said 'eeeurgh'. It's a lot sourer (and nicer!) than your usual commercial cider in fairness

I've 20 litres of beer in a fermenter behind me as I speak. Got the older one to try a previous attempt at homebrewing and she spat it out all over the kitchen. Hopefully it'll taste better this time

I got drunk for the first time at 19, didn't start drinking regularly until I was maybe 21 or 22. I'd be happy enough for a 14 year old to have a taste of booze, but ... well, I kinda feel like it'd be best to learn how to have non-childish fun without booze/drugs first

Both of ours slept in our bed every night until they were 18 months or so and sleep in their own beds no bother now. Only very rarely would they look to come in now. It really is whatever works for your situation.

after falling asleep on mammy down in the sitting room last night he slept through to 6am in his cot without a peep, and then slept in hour bed for another 1.5hrs. lets hope he's pressed the reset button!

I didn't drink at all til I was about 20 or so, and then only because I said I'd have a glass of wine at my friends party, and they kept putting vodka in my glass. I fell down the stairs later that night. On second thought, its shocking that I am still friends with these people.

Shortly after my Inter-Cert my older brothers brought me out to see this rock covers band that used to play every week in Trim. I think that was my first time to be drunk in a pub. Before that we used to raid our parents' drinks cabinets and get drunk while they were out. I think we were doing that for a quite a while before the pub drinks.

In Primary School me and my friends used to head down to the local boozer at lunch time and have a feed of pints while watching the races. It was all harmless fun, except for the liver disease.

Of course, when I say "head down to the local boozer" I mean go to the local shop. And for "feed of pints" read sweets. And for "the races", read "cars and people". And when I say "me and my friends", I mean "I".

Actually... just to clarify more... when I say "go the local shop" I mean "go home". And for "sweets" read "cold stew". And for "cars and people" read "Bosco".

First time I went on the piss (though I wasn't drinking) was with an old version of Stoat (then called The Conspirators (this was the late 80s sometimes, so that was acceptable)), and John fell over and broke off his front tooth. Bad buzz

9 months in, only 3 more months of making formula. So excited. Sleep still poxy.

Personalities beginning to show. Little one didn't like her dinner last night and was pissed about it.

9 months in, only 3 more months of making formula. So excited. Sleep still poxy.

Personalities beginning to show. Little one didn't like her dinner last night and was pissed about it.
Little dude is finally starting to eat okay and seemingly beginning to not hate creche, both of which are a massive relief. Still being an absolute dick about sleep though. Was awake every half hour from about midnight to 6 last night. Had been getting up at 6:30 all long weekend but typically wanted to sleep until 8 this morning just to fuck with us.

On Saturday I got home at approx 3am following my brothers Stag night. As I was drunkenly creeping around the kitchen I heard a commotion upstairs, my daughter (1.5yrs) had vomited all over herself and her bed. We cleaned her up, changed her clothes and took her into our bed where she vomited all over that too. It's like they know that your not able for it. :sick::sick:

It was a moment like this (the night following a Stoat gig in the Róisín Dubh) that made me think "maybe drinking isn't worth the hassle anymore"

... not that I stopped, mind, but my approach to it changed

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back