My child is doing my fucking head in (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 311
  • Views 27K
  • Watchers 9
God guys, I'm just in the stage of my life where I'm "thinking about kids", and this thread has scared me. Not because I'm afraid of missing sleep, but because there's so much information about what to do and what not to do and then conflicting information that says the opposite. You're all superheroes.
Ah but it's deadly though.

is calgel like calpol? my mother used to give my twin brother and me a spoon of calpol every night before bed (the 70s drowsy calpol). it was known as "nicey" in our house. for years, my first wish in a three wishes scenario was to swim in a swimming pool full of calpol. probably number 2 or 3 now.
Haha, nicey!

So don't worry. All kinds of morons raise apparently healthy and happy children

True enough. But then sometimes intelligent thoughtful people manage to raise psychopaths.

(I've no evidence for this. Just assuming it must also be true).

My kids are deadly. Even with the occasional tough patch. The thing is, the tough work looks worse from the outside. You’ll get stressed and you’ll get upset but not in a “I want to murder my co-worker” way. Instead you just want to make everything ok because you love them so much you could just eat them. Our 3 year old went through a bad tantrum patch there but you just need to accept that she is working out how to deal with her emotions (and some of them are new to her) and that she doesn’t have the capacity to think through what’s bothering her, so you try to help her get there and go to bed feeling wrecked. But then the next day she will be the most incredible person on Earth and it will completely erase the crap bits.

I gotta say I found the baby years a real struggle. Never really experienced the emotional highs that people talk about during that stage, for me it was mostly a slog
I'm way more into babies than I thought I would be. Getting them to eat from a spoon and hearing their goo-goos is wonderful.

The relentless bottle washing and bottle making is a drag. At least it's down to 10 a day now, was 16 for the first few weeks.

Days when I've had very little sleep are obviously tough and ratty. Just keeping the head down and power through when needed. A few days I have felt like I'm running on empty. but enjoying the good ones when they come.

Just found this thread, it's incredible!

The worst thing my son ever did to me was give me Hand, Foot and Mouth....f*ck me!

The second worst thing my son (3) ever did was stamp on my balls while I was trying to fish his sister out from under the couch after she'd crawled in after a balloon.

The only word my son can say right now is "Dada" in between shrieks and yelps. He's a bit like Matt Damon in Team America.

our little fella now says dadadadadada when he sees me (in a similar matt damon fashion). also goes mamamamama when he's upset, or when my wife leaves the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back