My child is doing my fucking head in (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 311
  • Views 27K
  • Watchers 9
Actually, when I say 5-6 AM for the first couple of years, that was year 2-3. Year 0-1 it was every hour, and awake frequently from 2.30 - 4.30 or something savage like that. Plus the next two girls that came along as well. Their brother, who's now 4, sleeps from 8 AM - 7.30 AM and has done pretty much since he was around 1. Even when he was 6 months old, I'd go into him if he woke up and say "Go to sleep" and he'd say "okay" AND DO IT. Boys rule.

The old Pick Up, Put Down or what worked for you?

something I just remembered that we've found very useful from a number of perspectives.

the old sleep deprivation makes it very hard to keep track of trends/routines as they'll always be subject to change whenever the little one is feeling a bit off and needs a bit more comfort, or goes through a developmental changes etc. we found ourselves arguing over what had happened in previous evenings/nights/days so we started to keep a note book that logged all the naps, when they went down at night etc.

i guess its something that would be useful regardless of how you were approaching the whole sleeping thing

something I just remembered that we've found very useful from a number of perspectives.

the old sleep deprivation makes it very hard to keep track of trends/routines as they'll always be subject to change whenever the little one is feeling a bit off and needs a bit more comfort, or goes through a developmental changes etc. we found ourselves arguing over what had happened in previous evenings/nights/days so we started to keep a note book that logged all the naps, when they went down at night etc.

i guess its something that would be useful regardless of how you were approaching the whole sleeping thing

can also be entered into evidence as contemporaneous notes.

You file poo?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jaysus, I lasted about a week with the nappy diaries. Fair play. Must start recording the sleep patterns though.
Just moved up to medium flow bottles. It's class.

ours are sleeping quite well at the minute. they have moved into their own room. first week i stayed in with them, since friday they have been on their own. waking up a couple of times a night, but a dummy loaded with Calgel does the trick.

so in essence i've cracked it. it's the easy life for me now bitches.

calgel ftw. got 6 tubes delivered to my folks in the north.

ours are sleeping quite well at the minute. they have moved into their own room. first week i stayed in with them, since friday they have been on their own. waking up a couple of times a night, but a dummy loaded with Calgel does the trick.

Mine still wakes up on the hour, every hour. Actually just started with the Calgel as well.

nightmare. week before last ours were killing me. T2 up at 3am, only thing that worked was holding her to stand on the windowsill looking out for an hour/90 minutes. when she went down T1 started mooching...

we started on 'solid' foods last week, and getting them to finish the last bottle at 7,30 appears to really help.

God guys, I'm just in the stage of my life where I'm "thinking about kids", and this thread has scared me. Not because I'm afraid of missing sleep, but because there's so much information about what to do and what not to do and then conflicting information that says the opposite. You're all superheroes.

but because there's so much information about what to do and what not to do and then conflicting information that says the opposite
This here is the essence of parenting advice. Check out "attachment parenting" versus "the contented little baby book".

Parenting is not something that can be mastered. It's something you and your kids and co-carers all improvise together. Same as any other relationship

So don't worry. All kinds of morons raise apparently healthy and happy children

This here is the essence of parenting advice. Check out "attachment parenting" versus "the contented little baby book".

Parenting is not something that can be mastered. It's something you and your kids and co-carers all improvise together. Same as any other relationship

So don't worry. All kinds of morons raise apparently healthy and happy children
Nicely put. It is more or less exactly this thought which is keeping me sane these days :)

is calgel like calpol? my mother used to give my twin brother and me a spoon of calpol every night before bed (the 70s drowsy calpol). it was known as "nicey" in our house. for years, my first wish in a three wishes scenario was to swim in a swimming pool full of calpol. probably number 2 or 3 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back