My child is doing my fucking head in (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 311
  • Views 27K
  • Watchers 9
I'm not allowed watch AntMan and the Wasp because he wants to watch it with me, even though he's seen it and I haven't. I have to wait until he's free on Wednesday. So I'm watching a documentary on BBC4 about people digging up old landfills and going through the rubbish in them. FFS.

I'm not allowed watch AntMan and the Wasp because he wants to watch it with me, even though he's seen it and I haven't. I have to wait until he's free on Wednesday. So I'm watching a documentary on BBC4 about people digging up old landfills and going through the rubbish in them. FFS.

I really liked AntMan and the Wasp, sucks to be you.

HANG IN THERE LADS!

I dunno if any of this sleep training works - it's so hard to stick at it for long enough without getting into an argument with your other half that you never really find out. The only sleep training that DEFINITELY worked for us was, when our youngest (Heather) was a year old and still breast-feeding through the night, I made Mrs. egg_ sleep in the other room and basically carried Heather around in my arms all night so she wouldn't cry. For a week. At the end of it she was sleeping through until about 6am, which wasn't so bad. Took another good while for her to get to 7 or 8am

The old Pick Up, Put Down or what worked for you?

eventually - the controlled cry it out. effectively try to get them in the cot soothed, and if they start crying leave them 5mins before picking them up, and repeat process for a few cycles. Obviously dont leave them bawling for hours - but they will eventually start learning to self sooth

i would say it works - but you'll have to revisit it at times, as every developmental leap seems to muck up the sleeping

We’re currently going through a case of the chickenpox. The poor little man looks like something out of a medical textbook. I’m gutted we never got around to getting the chickenpox vaccine for him.

It can be tough going when babies can't sleep. My 11 month old is teething and the pain is waking her at night so she wants to feed a lot more and here I am at nearly 1 am in front of a computer when I should be fast asleep... but eventually they sleep, and in the meantime they need to be comforted. We take it in shifts on bad nights, a few hours each until she settles again, we did the same with my son. Very few adults like sleeping alone, can you blame tiny humans for wanting to be held and comforted when they're in pain or worried about something?

Maybe have a read of this before considering Controlled Crying Controlled Crying - What Parents Need To Know | BellyBelly

or this Letting Babies Cry – The Facts Behind the Studies - La Leche League GB

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back