My child is doing my fucking head in (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Threads
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
My eldest has taken to walking around reciting NWA raps (swear words skillfully replaced). That sounds cool, but he isn't the most socially skilled and will be doing it at the table while people are chatting.

My main gripe, they seem to do everything in slow motion but can be online with headphones on within 1 second on entering the house.

billygannon

Contributor
Threads
God yeah. My one and her mates were in the back of the car last week and that song came on a Now That's What I Call Music CD (yes, they still exist) and they starting going on about how much they loved it.

Taylor Swift I can handle. Katy Perry too. I quite like Dua Lipa. But Liam Gallagher? No!!!!!!
She saw him first at that Ariana Grande Manchester concert. She's only recently found out who Oasis are - and she's not that interested in them.

She has "Beatrix" by the Cocteau Twins on her little playlist - and she really likes that... so maybe it'll all work out in the end.

Lili Marlene

Trying not to have a bad day
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
God yeah. My one and her mates were in the back of the car last week and that song came on a Now That's What I Call Music CD (yes, they still exist) and they starting going on about how much they loved it.

Taylor Swift I can handle. Katy Perry too. I quite like Dua Lipa. But Liam Gallagher? No!!!!!!
Boring fact but that song was co-written with professional songwriters who work with the likes of Lorde and Kelly Clarkson so maybe there's some secret ingredient old people like us can't hear.

It's still hilarious though, maybe this is like 12 year olds getting into Phil Collins in 1982? Phil Collins was a full decade younger than Liam at the time but still seems older.

ann post

Supporter
Threads
while i'm not a parent of full time living with anyone who's not old enough to drink in a bar,

your kids sound like my interns.

nooleen

bad ape
Supporter
Threads
Ordered another copy of 'How to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk' cos I lent the last one out to someone, and need help. FWIW I highly recommend that book
you need something to read while the kids are rabbiting on at you i'd say

hugh

Supporter
Contributor
Since 2000
Threads
There is some hope. She came down last night at midnight complaining about not being able to sleep and watched 10 minutes of the Bowie Five Years doc. Then asked me to record it so she could watch it herself. I announced earlier I was putting on some music and was told the only things that would be acceptable were Bowie or Solange. Now watching Gilmore Girls and Yo La Yengo, Sparks and Sonic Youth turned up doing cameos. Not particularly impressed that these are " Dad's music".

By the way, @egg_ I must congratulate you on the greatest thread title ever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Happy Birthday
    Mars in Virgo
    Sneaks
    Happy Birthday

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads