My child is doing my fucking head in (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 311
  • Views 27K
  • Watchers 9
DSpHm1HX0AAaSY5.jpg:large

I thought this was all it was. Crying and chores and fights and problems you can't solve.
That and a few photo ops on Facebook.

Isn't parenting an unpaid job where you're on call 24/7 for your entire life?
They won't even thank you for this stuff.
Maybe when you pay for their wedding or give them the deposit for their house they'll thank you, but even then they will think that's expected.
They're going to have problems in their 20s and 30s and blame it on how they were raised.
And when they get to the age when they're any fun, they're going to fuck off and think visiting you is a chore.
It's all downside!

I love my nieces and nephews, but I really don't understand why my brothers and sisters gave up being the people they were for them.
Those people were fun.
The new people are, erm, less than ideal.

The whole thing is a goddamn Ponzi scheme.

OBVIOUSLY this is just my view and my choices are mine and yours are yours.
And I wish you and your little ones well.
That's you , that is
tumblr_oj4pi8WRHu1qh59n0o1_500.png

Hope this all works out for you all
Hah! I'm a bit amazed you backed off from that comment (and amused that it's preserved in a quote)

FWIW you're overestimating the role of rational decision making, and underestimating the power of biology ... and it's not all downside, rather the upside is invisible from the outside

Hah! I'm a bit amazed you backed off from that comment (and amused that it's preserved in a quote)
I just thought better of it.

FWIW you're overestimating the role of rational decision making, and underestimating the power of biology ... and it's not all downside, rather the upside is invisible from the outside

I think that's the disconnect alright.
Biology is certainly winning over rationality as far as I can tell. 8 billion by 2025 makes that case.
I just bought my nephew a Lego drone, so I do get it a little bit.

rather the upside is invisible from the outside

That's very well put.

El Nino is a fucking master of household jurisprudence. He's the fucking clarence darrow of dinnertable discussions.

That and his opinion that being in the middle of an game on the xbox is licence to ingore everthing and everyone. If I hear "I can't I'm in the middle of a battle" once more this week the WiFi password is getting changed

My daughter absolutely loves Liam Gallagher

I now know the words to “Wall of Glass” because she plays on repeat in the car
We’re going to his concert in June

For me these got put on repeat in the car:
I was made for Loving You By Kiss
Equal People By Fierce Mild
Black Jack By Death Grips.

My 3 year old's going through a Rancid phase at the moment.

I fucked up my back carrying my 3 year old around over the Christmas holidays. Also, she insists on dressing herself in the morning and it takes her for fucking ever. Those are my big gripes.

I have no idea how looking after them can possibly fit in around work. From infant to leaving school.

*edit* that makes me sound like a work bro. I am not, on any level. I just have to go to poxy work is all.

My daughter absolutely loves Liam Gallagher

I now know the words to “Wall of Glass” because she plays on repeat in the car
We’re going to his concert in June

God yeah. My one and her mates were in the back of the car last week and that song came on a Now That's What I Call Music CD (yes, they still exist) and they starting going on about how much they loved it.

Taylor Swift I can handle. Katy Perry too. I quite like Dua Lipa. But Liam Gallagher? No!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back