My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (1991) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 80
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 6
Paid 2.50 for it. Its not bad,but id not miss it. I had no idea what it was so wasnt getting one over on anyone,i just liked the cover

My copy is a little rough,but no skips. Id sell it no problem,but id be reluctant to on line ,id fear someone claiming back on paypal using condition as an excuse.

>id fear someone claiming back on paypal using condition as an excuse

i've not sold on discogs for a few years now, but i never had that kind of problem when i did. just be honest about the condition. sounds like G+ or VG. even so, that record sells for about a grand in that condition.

it's hassle though, selling, i know

Ive sold loads on discogs (until this asp bollox) but most of what ive sold has been good shape,or cheap. It also not being my usual type of genre so im not so sure how to do best for myself. Never sold on ebay so wouldnt have the reputation to back up confidence

ASP is the new shipping policy is it? i hadn't been aware of the change. what's the deal with it? why is it so bad? seems to be a lot of people giving out about it

Basically,its mandatory and its a pain in the ass to set up. ( some people claim to literally have spent days at it and it still not work.i cant figure it out,like many). It also seems that alot of people who have set it up are finding it doesnt work. As a result.lots have stopped international sales,or,have increased postage costs to cover themselves.

Ive seen a 7" posted within europe charging 20euro on postage,and a 10c 12" with free postage.

And to add to that,discogs are not responding to any complaints.

Could give a ton more complaints but im sure you get the gist.

i guess that's the reason all the postage has gone up recently then... and why a lot of things don't ship to ireland anymore. i figured it was just the postal services themselves that had put their prices up. good to know

Never mind. I’m thinking of the 2CD reissue that came out when they reformed - that’s a bit longer ago than 2018! The long-touted remaster from Kevin “Ultimate Ears” Shields was a mess with a big dirty glitch noise on one of the tracks and the discs mislabelled. The best part was finding out that the remasters were finished years before and the problem was never rectified.

Hopefully the vinyl is from a corrected remaster because otherwise I’d be pissed if I spent €250 on one of them!
Hah, I'd forgotten about the glitch.

I do remember not being able to discern any difference whatsoever between either CD apart from the glitch.

Voted best album of the 90s in Pitchfork today.

Although the real story is Pitchfork has released a number of lists this week and no one noticed. Truly the era of calling everyone and everything hipster has ended.

they did the top 250 songs of the 90s. Didn't even have Birdhouse In Your Should on it, call yourself a music site?

They included Say It 'Aint So and used it as an excuse to criticise post Pinkerton Weezer. Fuck them. Also some Mariah Carey bullshit at number one, pure click bait wankers.

they did the top 250 songs of the 90s. Didn't even have Birdhouse In Your Should on it, call yourself a music site?

They included Say It 'Aint So and used it as an excuse to criticise post Pinkerton Weezer. Fuck them. Also some Mariah Carey bullshit at number one, pure click bait wankers.
Was Birdhouse in your soul not an 80s tune?

I only remember that because the first song on the album has the lyrics "a brand new record for 1990, they might be giants brand new album, flood"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back