My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (1991) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 80
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 6
Just spotted this on hhv.de (Berlin record store). This is the 2018 remaster. Are they really worth that much now? Anyone wanna buy mine for 200 quid?

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 21.32.23.png

I dunno. Is that some super-special version of the 2018 remaster then? i.e. they are not all worth 250 euros?

I dunno. Is that some super-special version of the 2018 remaster then? i.e. they are not all worth 250 euros?
Never mind. I’m thinking of the 2CD reissue that came out when they reformed - that’s a bit longer ago than 2018! The long-touted remaster from Kevin “Ultimate Ears” Shields was a mess with a big dirty glitch noise on one of the tracks and the discs mislabelled. The best part was finding out that the remasters were finished years before and the problem was never rectified.

Hopefully the vinyl is from a corrected remaster because otherwise I’d be pissed if I spent €250 on one of them!

Yeah the vinyl sounds grand. I'm a bit stunned they are going for so much money now buy perhaps it was a small pressing.

Yeah the vinyl sounds grand. I'm a bit stunned they are going for so much money now buy perhaps it was a small pressing.
yeah, once it was gone from the website it was gone. Don't think it was available in shops etc. Be interested to know how many they pressed

I recently flogged a 2019 album online for 150 quid. Mistakenly ordered 2 copies. Only pressed 300 I think. Initially thought it was a prickish thing to do but if people are willing to part with cash like that, it's on them. been a few represses of the album since. I splurged my earnings on a couple of records I was after for a while - free albums!

Hey. I have the original pressing of Loveless too. On a winner here.

There should be some sort of service where a record collection auditor comes to your house and assesses the value of your stuff. I doubt I have many that are worth anything but you never know.

There should be some sort of service where a record collection auditor comes to your house and assesses the value of your stuff. I doubt I have many that are worth anything but you never know.

You can get an idea of its worth on discogs if you list everything there.

If you go bankrupt they will probably do that for free

di

i really don't rate mellow candle - swaddling songs. 4.5k is a joke. mediocre folk rock imo. that and trees - on the shore, also mediocre (imo) and expensive. i suppose, once you're full up on liege and lief, hark the village wake and the hangman's beautiful daughter, where do you go with british/irish folk rock after that? it's a dead end. i think that's why these rare crumbs of lost folk rock command such high prices. i'd guess people in ireland generally scoffed at mellow candle around the time they came out because they were making music that was more of a british style, and not authentic enough in the irish tradition - leading to lower sales and ultimately, rarity - but that's jut my guess. maybe i'm guilty of scoffing at mellow candle too, but overall i find the music a bit pretentious, overly dreamy, and just not that interesting, bar one or two songs.

I only knew them by reputation until I bought the reissue a few weeks ago and I have to say it hasn't exactly set my world alight either. I know some folks whose opinions I respect who think it's a total masterpiece so it could be that it's just not my type of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back