musique française d'excellente qualité (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 49
  • Views 785
  • Watchers 2

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
I had to use google translate for the thread title ..I don't know if we have a french thread

Are these the two coolest looking motherfuckers ever to be on a screen? Possibly

Last edited:

nuke terrorist

Supporter
love Charles Tournemire's organ music. I discovered him through his student Messiaen.
apparently it's very normal to hear his musique in churches in France as the Catholic church there is a big patron of organ music, improvisation and all.

EVARISTE was a 60's weirdo yee yee dude, with a cool haircut who became a scientist.
this video looks like it was shot in one take

I stuck this out for the whole 20 minutes. pretty much an environmental recording.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
brainwashed.com
I stuck this out for the whole 20 minutes. pretty much an environmental recording.
Except, it’s not. It’s a composition of multiple recordings collaged and processed to replicate the sensation of a rural fishing village waking up in the morning. It’s a monumental piece of editing that shook the musique concrète world. He does works for regular instruments too but this is *chef kiss* for me.

hiadudiad?

Bodacious Cowboy Xennial
Supporter
Solutions
love Charles Tournemire's organ music. I discovered him through his student Messiaen.
apparently it's very normal to hear his musique in churches in France as the Catholic church there is a big patron of organ music, improvisation and all.
I got into him through Messiaen too. I got an album of Messiaen's organ music in a charity shop and loved it but found that I didn't like most other organ music that I listened to after that. Then I was chatting to a church organist and asked for recommendations based on only liking Messiaen and he threw a few French names at me - Tournemire, Dupre, Durufle and I forget what else. Tournemire was the only one that I liked. Most of this type of music is inclined to get too busy and overblown for me, too many notes blurring in churchy reverb and pompous bits for the glory of God or something but Tournemire keeps it calmer and more ethereal by and large.

Jean Gillou

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads