music documentaries (3 Viewers)

I like this one a lot!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I really enjoyed this BBC4 Krautrock Doc

Also this is hilarious.

I really enjoyed this BBC4 Krautrock Doc

Also this is hilarious.

Fucking hell, why have I never heard of this Marcus documentary before????!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01932g9

DURATION: 1 HOUR
Following BBC Four's Top of the Pops 1976, the next stop is 1977 - in some ways a year zero for Britain's most iconic music programme. As the country veered between strikes and street parties, pop bastion Top of the Pops was stormed by punk and new wave acts such as the Stranglers and the Jam. Yet Top of the Pops at first seemed unaware of the changes afoot and the way in which the show is made was beset by working practices that are perhaps symptoms of the way in which Britain could be said 'not to be working'.
Jeans were getting tighter, hair shorter and the tunes louder, but it was an incredibly diverse year. Disco was also a dominant force with Donna Summer's I Feel Love, alongside the reggae of Bob Marley and the Wailers, the pub rock of Eddie and the Hot Rods and the plastic pop of Boney M. British pop that year was in a state of flux - unpredictable and exciting.
Appearing on Top of the Pops in 1977 is explored in the documentary by artists such as the Adverts, John Otway, members of Darts, JJ Burnel from the Stranglers and Paul Cook from the Sex Pistols, with insights from the Top of the Pops production team, Nicky Wire from the Manics and journalists Alexis Petridis and Pete Paphides

I'll have to try and see that when it's on.

Did anyone see the Lynott one last night? was it any use or just the same old footage/interviews?

I didnt see the Lynott one

This is also on Friday on Sky Arts

http://www.skyarts.co.uk/film-docs/article/rory-gallagher-ghost-blues/
A pioneer of Irish rock and a multi-instrumentalist whose passion could hardly be constrained even in the largest arenas, Rory Gallagher's charisma has touched the lives of many acclaimed musicians. The Edge, Bill Wyman, Bob Geldof, Slash and Martin Carty are only a few of those who pay tribute to the legendary blues-rock musician.

"I once saw him change a string without stopping a song. I still think that just for that alone there should be a monument to him." - Johnny Marr.

Rory Gallagher - Ghost Blues is a documentary citing the extensive influence of the Irish legend as well as providing a microscope into his private life. Interspersed with some of his best performances during his formative years with the band Taste, an assembly of world-famous rock musicians describe Rory's quirky character and discuss, amongst other things, why he didn't earn as much money as he should have as well as how his dedication to the truth fuelled a profound Gallagher legacy that now marks the streets of Ireland and Paris.
In 1995, aged just 47 when his liver failed him, Rory made a premature exit from the stage but fortunately made sure to leave behind a legacy copious enough to live on for many many years. Together we celebrate Rory Gallagher's ghost blues.

I'll have to try and see that when it's on.

Did anyone see the Lynott one last night? was it any use or just the same old footage/interviews?

Mainly same old footage. Salvaged by having Brian Downey and Jim Fitzpatrick as interviewees. And Brush Shiels crying. As well as a bit about the making of the Old Town video. Also had a lad from Bell XI, Declan O'Rourke and John Kelly being interviewed. I couldn't really give a fuck what they think to be fair to them. I'm sure it's on the RTE player.

Sounds like I'll live without seeing it.

That Rory Gallagher one. Is it the one that was released on dvd a year or two ago? Sounds like it.

Like the Bellx comment above,I really don't care what Johnny Marr has to say about Gallagher.

just saw this

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back