Music 3.0 with First Music Contact & Jim Carroll (1 Viewer)

I know someone who was asked by the social lady about their band only recently,was he doing gigs etc.He had no idea how she heard about it.Luckily the band had split up and he was able to tell her he only does youtubes as a hobby,that was the end of that line of questioning.

I can tell you though..I advised him to quit all facebook activity pronto.Which he pretty much did.

He's now keeping the music strictly on a hobby basis too.Be one thing if it were possible to earn your living from being in a band,but thats not on the cards for 99% of us.

Better to keep it hobby based and retain the love for doing it for the sake of doing it.

Edit..he's also actively seeking gainful employment too..being on the scratcher sucks!

Yeah someone on here got into trouble with the welfare for the same reason a few years ago.

Yeah..success is a double edge sword.

To languish in glorious obscurity is the way forward.Free to stay up all night composing masterpieces!

I would'nt care to be famous at all.I used to think I'd like it..but people are too nosey.Your life isnt your own.

I think it was Neil Jordan got caught when a picture of him appeared in the Irish Times playing in a band. I think it was him. He wrote a pretty funny article about it years later.

I'd love to be able to say I will never sign on again

but I will..in about two weeks time

1531.jpg
Is this moose; it looks like Moose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back