Music 3.0 with First Music Contact & Jim Carroll (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
This should be of interest to some of you....

Music 3.0 is for people with ideas to do with music. As simple as that. If you have an idea which you're trying to develop or if you're looking for like-minded bright sparks to bounce notions off, Music 3.0 may be able to help.

We're open to all: entrepreneurs, coders, designers, developers, marketeers, music fans, studio nerds, drummers, lawyers (yes, even lawyers).

We're looking for people who are keen to do things differently, people who relish curveballs, people who are not prepared to accept how things currently are, people who know that disruption always rules OK because it means new opportunities, people who want to work in new ways on the exchange between the artist and the audience.

The Music 3.0 pilot will run over four evenings and a full day from May 21st to May 26th. Each evening, we have invited a bunch of people we think have something to say to come along and talk about themselves, what they do and innovation. On the final day, we'll be hosting the first Music 3.0 hack-day. That's the plan in a paragraph.

Music 3.0 is about challenging what you know and have learned, and having the head-space, time, encouragement and collective will to make something up as you go along. It's about letting what we don't know yet guide the week.

full pitch & application form (which has to be in by 5pm Wednesday) here -> http://firstmusiccontact.com/music3.0/

Oh no, what will we do!! bands & small labels are doing more and more themselves and coming up with some good ideas!!
How can we continue to make money off the back of these creative people!!???

ah no, this could be interesting.

Please note that this is not about listening to the same old voices who are usually pressed into service to talk about music.

Yes, a few have worked in music before, some are music fanatics but many only deal with music to turn up the radio when their favourite song comes on. Our speakers are people the music business should listen to for ideas, directions and inspiration.

What are the guarantees that this WILL be about listening to the same old voices?

Betcha this will be full of people idolising DIY / kickstarter shite. Hardly a new concept? Other than it being upgraded to the digital age of distribution/social media.

I'm so glad those speakers will be the saviors of modern music, pity they haven't made a name for themselves already?

Very smart putting the hack day on a Saturday when working musicians will be busy off playing gigs, might have been interested otherwise.

Fair play to you for giving the internets No.1 Thumped basher a platform Pete.
Very progressive.You are undoubtedly a nicer man than him.

What a load of bollix though.Heres an idea for them to brainstorm.Fuck them.In their 3.0 arse.
No way I'm giving any brainwaves I have away for free.

Thats counter intuitive.And this game is all about intuition.

Hey Jim..heres an idea..how about supporting the independently run music forums in this country instead of bad mouthing them?

Maybe thats a disruption too far eh?

http://www.nialler9.com/13913-phenomenon-irish-trad-renaissance/

meanwhile, jim tears into someone on nialler9's comments board.

ROFLOLing at the comments from Rosa and Treasa. Always funny to see purists getting a bee in their bonnet when someone outside the clique decides to write about their pet subject. Maith an fear Nialler - not least for upsetting old farts like those two. I'm sure you're quivering in your boots at Nialler9 HQ at the thought of Rosa's trad army comingatcha ("Don't say I didn't warn you!" - GUFFAW!).

this is music 3.0 folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back