• Start date
  • Replies 31
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 2

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
I know some of you are subscribers to Mubi so maybe we could have a thread about it. Things you've watched on it recently, recommendations etc.

I signed up back in March and was very impressed. Was also blown away by the Library thing they unveiled a few weeks ago. But I'm a little irked now because a lot of the good stuff (Bunuel, Godard) has disappeared from the Library before I got around to watching it. And they didn't give much warning about when it was going to go either. The last week of new releases have been a little underwhelming too ....

Will probably watch Take Me Somewhere Nice tonight ...

So, who else is on it?

I enjoyed Border. saw it a few months ago. odd ball sci fi drama set in Sweden

have neglected Mubi for weeks, must go back to it

watched Let The Sun Shine In also a few weeks back. French one with Juliette Binoche. Shite.

mentioned it in the other movie thread but Ema was great.

yeah, it seems as though there is a load of stuff in their cannon that will be available at different stages but the current available selection is maybe a bit limited.

Missed out on Lunchbox ..... intended to watch it. Been on the fence about Ema but might give it a shot now.

The fact you can't get the Library on the TV App is irritating but I tend to watch it from laptop using my fancy new projector that I bought a few weeks ago. The library thing is really an added bonus as it didn't exist when I signed up so I'm not all that bothered about it diminishing in range all of a sudden. I'm just pissed off because I had a bunch of things lined up to watch that have now gone.

Watched both of the Fellini films recently. If you haven't seen La Dolce Vita then it's a treat. Actually it's a treat even if you have seen it.

Krabi, 2562 is really boring even for a style/genre where you do not expect things to actually happen. Watched it because myself and the missus have been to Krabi and were excited about seeing the locations. And I have liked some of Ben River's work before ... but I think it's better in a gallery.

Going to watch the Saudi Arabian one and Take Me Somewhere Nice. I'd watch Gaspar Noe's Love but to be honest ... a full-on sex film where (a) my young daughter is likely to be wandering in and out of the room and (b) the neighbours whose houses back on to ours can see into the back room where I have the projector set up ... doesn't sound like a great idea. And anyway, he a bit of arse really isn't he?

A Short Film About Killing and a Short Film About Love are two great movies. SFAK is really really bleak though. Filmed using filters that make it look incredibly grim also. SFAL is great. A more pervy, innocent Rear Window. I have only seen hour versions of each though as they were part of Kieslowski's Decalog series. Must check out these more fleshed out versions. Been on about Dekalog before here. Amazing TV series. It is listed on Mubi with a lot of his movies but isn't available to watch.

This thread has reawakened my Mubi interest. The library being opened up is potentially a game changer for going beyond a free limited sub

It is listed on Mubi with a lot of his movies but isn't available to watch.

This is the frustrating bit. Their Twitter is a bit weird too as they seem to sometimes tweet about stuff that isn't actually available to watch (even for a rental fee). For example, a tweet about the film Underground that I got excited about a few weeks ago but while it's on the system ... you can't watch it.

Watched The Black Power Mixtape documentary last night. Excellent stuff.

Just found out yesterday that you can access MUBI for free with a university email account. I have not tried yet to confirm.

yeah I found that out after I subscribed. I thought it had to be some sort of film related course though (as student or teacher).

found out this evening that if you go to the Trending category in the library and keep scrolling right you find loads of stuff that isn’t obviously accessible from anywhere else.

I've never seen Hoop Dreams so should really give it a shot. It's very long though. And I have no interest in basketball.

Now have discovered if you use a VPN you can access any country's version of MUBI. Which is great but .. it means I now spend ages going "I wonder what movies I can watch if I pretend I live in Blugaria?".

If someone made an app that amalgates them all into some sort of super-MUBI and allows you to search it and tell you what country you need to be in to see that movie you want to watch ... that would be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back