Mrs. Brown's Boys (1 Viewer)

Kermit McDermott

Mrs Brown's Boys beats Eastenders, Corrie and Downton to become most watched TV programme in UK on Christmas Day - Independent.ie

I like a lot of low grade comedy (the carry on films, On the buses ect..) but I find it hard to warm to Mrs Brown's Boys. I've watched a few episodes, including the christmas day one, and there are a few good jokes in there, but overall I find it very poor and amateurish. The live audience are very forgiving and playing up to them allows the show away with alot. I don't begrudge Brendan O'Carroll his success. He has slogged away at this for a long time. He seems to dismiss the negative critics as failed writers.

I saw a couple of minutes of it a few days ago. I was surprised at all the f-words

It's like a skit your drunk uncle and his mates might do in the village hall

ok, like 'my' drunk uncle might do

It's rubbish, and even worse when you catch yourself laughing at it as I did a few times on Christmas day
body-snatchers.jpg

I have a movie buff pal from Sunderland who I met while travelling Europe years ago and who I keep in touch with on Facebook. He has impeccable taste. And he loves Mrs Browns' Boys.

The whole thing is deeply strange.

It's a strange phenomenon. I watch it and laugh sometimes but most of the time you can tell what the punch line will be. I'm amazed at its popularity but fair play to them

RTE should dig out the old tapes of Leave it to Mrs O'Brien and relaunch it in a DVD box set for Mrs Brown's Boys fans

Who would have thought that this style of comedy was years ahead of its time?

Ive seen the odd episode and i thought it was alright.
It has a level of realism i think which allows people to identify with it the characters are imperfect or the whole family is almost completely dysfunctional.
Probarbly it would be a bit easier for someone non Irish to watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back