Moving to the sticks (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Or at least out of/far (ish) away from Dublin.

Anyone have any thoughts of doing this? I'm currently 60/40 on it, specifically to Kilkenny. Already started looking at gaffs there. The idea being that theres 10 years left on the mortgage on the gaff in Dublin but there's enough paid off to be able to sell up, clear the rest of the mortgage and buy something outright, or close to outright. And, get a bigger gaff and live closer to the city.

In a lot of ways its a no-brainer. The only possible spanner in the works could be the work situation. I'm currently fully remote and will be for as long as I'm in this company. But its unlikely this company will be around a year from now. It'll either go to shit, or get bought out.

anyways, anyone else ever think of doing anything similar?

and decent mounts to get lost in there as well.
This is what gets me biggo about moving to the country

Like you're surrounded by green fields, but you can't actually go anywhere.
Almost every bit of land is private and fenced off.
If there's good wandering around this place, it makes the price even lower really.

due to pick up the keys next tuesday. We put pressure on yer man to close earler cos we wanted the bank holiday weekend to move, but he didn't bite (even though he hasn't been living there for the last couple of months).

It was a long process, but less than a week to go, and hoping to be fully moved inside 2 weeks. Bring it on!

Great but I believe nothing till a key is in your warm live hands.
never a truer word spoken.

for us to meet the close date of next week the seller needed to sign the contract this week. He didn't and no one can get hold of him.

we're giving him until early next week. If he doesn't surface, we're pulling out and going gung ho on another house. Will be a pain in the hole as I'll probably have to go live with my ma for a few weeks. Sake.

never a truer word spoken.

for us to meet the close date of next week the seller needed to sign the contract this week. He didn't and no one can get hold of him.

we're giving him until early next week. If he doesn't surface, we're pulling out and going gung ho on another house. Will be a pain in the hole as I'll probably have to go live with my ma for a few weeks. Sake.
Get your laundry done for you
Meals served up
She'll talk back to your missus if you're not getting your proper respect

You won't want to leave

Pulling out of the house deal because I can't be bothered to deal withe absolute cunt who is selling.

We've found another house that will need a bit of work, but we're excited at the prospect. Wish us luck thumped, you beautiful pricks.
woopwoop just gone sale agreed.... AGAIN!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back