moving to america (1 Viewer)

Made with the blood and tears of our native american forefathers.

CryingIndian.jpg

just reading stuff about that.
What was done to those people is, in fairness, unbelievably fucked.
Andrew Jackson told all the Cherokee people to get out of the Cherokee Nation, THAT HAD JUST BEEN AGREED UPON A FEW YEAR PREVIOUSLY otherwise they will all be arrested.

This was literally the first thing he did in office. Move the Cherokee people off their own land that they just agreed to.

When some of them told him to fuck off, they went in, killed a load of them, and force marched the rest, in winter, over the mountains towards the Mississippi. Huge numbers of them died on this forced march. The whites along the way, the same whites who the Cherokee helped set up their farms and so on, gouged them for what they could get as they starved and froze to death.
Every stop they made they stared digging holes to drop the bodies into.

Fuck Andrew Jackson.

Andrew Jackson told all the Cherokee people to get out of the Cherokee Nation, THAT HAD JUST BEEN AGREED UPON A FEW YEAR PREVIOUSLY otherwise they will all be arrested.

This was literally the first thing he did in office. Move the Cherokee people off their own land that they just agreed to.

When some of them told him to fuck off, they went in, killed a load of them, and force marched the rest, in winter, over the mountains towards the Mississippi. Huge numbers of them died on this forced march. The whites along the way, the same whites who the Cherokee helped set up their farms and so on, gouged them for what they could get as they starved and froze to death.

Fuck Andrew Jackson.

SSSSHHHHH!
The Indians were a danger to American freedom.

Trust me when I say this sucks unless you are lucky and love it. I would have left my job ages ago if I could have. They own me. If I quit, I have to go home. Granted, now I shouldn't complain because I have a job but I would have left it over a year ago if I could have. Miserable.

oh no. I loved it for a while. But then I went insane and hated it more than anything I have hated in my life.
It drove me a little mental.
I left months ago, and I am still getting over it.

It is without any doubt the most traumatic thing that has happened to me. Towards the end I would actually have to leave my desk every now and again to throw up.

Being owned by your job is a very. very. very. bad thing.

I love my new job. My new job is amazing.

Fuck Andrew Jackson.

Refuse to take any twenties in change.
Recite this rant if anyone tries to foist one on you.

What does she do? Would she consider coming this way? Depending on what she does for a living it might be easier for her to come to you. At least for a while... then both move to the states.

this is the thing. we think she's entitled to italian citizenship, which would mean free movement rights anywhere in the EU to work and play. it seems like that's the more practical option by far, at least until i get a proper academic course sorted out or a job or some such. but it may not happen. ah. love, love will tear us apart.

this is the thing. we think she's entitled to italian citizenship, which would mean free movement rights anywhere in the EU to work and play. it seems like that's the more practical option by far, at least until i get a proper academic course sorted out or a job or some such. but it may not happen. ah. love, love will tear us apart.

I joke but seriously good luck. Do anything you have to for :heart:, it will always be worth it.

Yo Oh Shit, since you're something of a journalist, can't you go over on a category O visa, that being "People of Extraordinary Ability"? Or, somehow get some news people here to send you over there on a Category I visa, that being "Foreign Media Representatives"?

Certainly, your journalistic/academic experience does put you in a better position than someone who's a bartender or something.

Of course, the only article of yours I've ever read made you look like a stinkin' commie, but still....

From what I understand, your best chance is to talk to an immigration solicitor over there, of which there are many.

I had this same problem trying to figure out what kind of visa to get, especially because I wasn't sure I wanted to do postgrad work in the area my BA was in, so I applied to do a second BA. It has the advantage of there not being waiting lists and stuff, and it's only two years rather than four because I already have a BA, and (not that I knew this before I came here) it's pretty useful for meeting people who are involved with the graduate program at the university you end up at.

On the other hand two years' tuition is fairly expensive. I'm glad to be finished worrying about visa stuff for now though.

oh no. I loved it for a while. But then I went insane and hated it more than anything I have hated in my life.
It drove me a little mental.
I left months ago, and I am still getting over it.

It is without any doubt the most traumatic thing that has happened to me. Towards the end I would actually have to leave my desk every now and again to throw up.

Being owned by your job is a very. very. very. bad thing.

I love my new job. My new job is amazing.

Weren't you saying that in your new place they use lubricant and cuddle you afterwards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back