Moving from cot to a bed (1 Viewer)

mark

M&S Wine Gums FTW
Doing it this weekend. Any tips? I know we'll probably have to put him back in bed about 50 times a night for the first while, but I'd be interested to hear stories of other peoples experiences.

we had no problems with child no.1, no.2 required lots return tucking in for a few nights.

Kids love routine, NEVER GIVE IN TO A ROUTINE YOU DON'T WANT!

starts off, 'oh we'll just do it differently tonight'....3 months later you're getting up at 3am every night to give them their nightly ritual of two slices of cheese and a strawberry milkshake. With fresh strawberries.

Consistency is key. Decide on a routine and STICK TO IT. If he's a walker, take turns on alternate nights so at least one of you gets some sleep. 1st time he gets out of bed, say a couple of words reassurance as you put him back to bed. Second time, say goodnight & no more. Third & subsequent times, say nothing as you put him back.

also, NO SURRENDER.

Thanks people. I'll break the little bollix!

(I reckon it'll be grand actually.)

It's been such a long time, but as far as I can remember, we did the oposite to Anto and Lemonbravo.
Made quite the big deal about it, letting him know what a big boy he was, big boy bed, all his, etc...Didn't have any problems.

It's been such a long time, but as far as I can remember, we did the oposite to Anto and Lemonbravo.
Made quite the big deal about it, letting him know what a big boy he was, big boy bed, all his, etc...Didn't have any problems.

This is what my sister did with her eldest girl when she needed her out of the cotbed before the second arrived. Only they bought her a big double bed all for herself. She was 3 at the time and loved her "huge giant bed" (as she called it) so much that she couldn't wait to be in it most nights.

We did this too but without the fuss. Actually I can't remember, it's all a blur.
I do remember being way less bothered with the second. We woke up with him in the bed for quite a while, didn't really care. Plus there's the realization that this stage will be over soon. Enjoy it.
It won't be long before he's telling you how much he hates you.

About 45 minutes of mild cribbing, then:

45mins.jpg

He switched on his light, got the book, and got back into bed.

Result!

when we took the side of the cot and made it into a bed it freaked him out, I think he felt safe behind bars. in the year he's been in his bed hes knocked on our door about 3 times. even in the morning he shouts in at us to wake us up rather than get out of bed, i don't know where he gets it from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back