Moving back to Ireland (1 Viewer)

Is it a good idea to move back to Ireland?

• Irish has no words for "yes" and "no"

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Orange

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Yes

• Nine

• Piss

• Royston Brady

• Total voters
A friend describes Dublin as an abusive partner that you're not sure why you love them and you hope they can change for you. But they never do and you always go back to them and they always hurt you but you can't help but love them.

I like that analogy it sums up Dublin pretty well, it's gritty and eludes to the violence and the unpredictable and yet inevitable nature of the place.

If that's true though London is a beautiful but aloof lover who lets you glimpse their vibrance and vitality from time to time but won't open up to you and thusly you can't commit to them.
this is fun

do some other towns

i've got one, athlone is a knacker that kisses my back better than what mike collins do

seany1.jpg

Good luck.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

Where you gonna be living?

I don't know yet. We have to sort out a school for my daughter for next year.

I didn't think I'd ever move back either. It's all a bit surreal. However there is a huge amount of investment going in to IT so I'm taking advantage of that.

I don't know yet. We have to sort out a school for my daughter for next year.

I didn't think I'd ever move back either. It's all a bit surreal. However there is a huge amount of investment going in to IT so I'm taking advantage of that.

I forgot you were in IT. You're golden.
Fair play.

It's really not that simple. There are jobs, but there isn't always the incentive to take them. A good friend of mine has been turning jobs down for a year now because she and her husband would only be marginally better off if she took them than they are on the dole and other benefits. In one way that really pisses me off, because she, and people like her, are making the current problem worse, but, on the other hand I can see her point. If there is no incentive or benefit to working hard then why bother - unless you're an idiot like me with some foolish notion that you need to pay your own way in life.
I have rececently returned to Ireland and have been told by the bennifits office I need to make a single contribution to the system before I can claim my contributions I am am entitled to from my time in the UK. In other words get someone to employ me for at least one day and all will be ok .Has anybody else experience this and how did you overcome it

I have rececently returned to Ireland and have been told by the bennifits office I need to make a single contribution to the system before I can claim my contributions I am am entitled to from my time in the UK. In other words get someone to employ me for at least one day and all will be ok .Has anybody else experience this and how did you overcome it
Get a job.

Ireland is the best country in the world

Ireland is the best country in the world, new survey suggests - Ireland News Headlines | Latest News Ireland | The Irish Times - Tue, Jun 24, 2014

Do [countries]exist purely to serve the interests of their own politicians, businesses and citizens, or are they actively working for all of humanity and the whole planet,” he asked.

So do Ireland gain points here for "working for all of humanity and the whole planet" by bending to the wishes of any and every multinational?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back