Mountain Lion (1 Viewer)

Goodbye

Anyone rocking this yet?

I'm still using Snow Leopard and wish to contemporize man...

When I upgrade my os I like to do an erase & install from a backup... Since I never upgraded to Lion, I don't know if you can do this or are you tethered to feckin app store?

Can you just download a DMG & install by yourself?

For 15 bats to upgrade, I can't argue with the price but I don't want the app store "doing it for me"

What if I need to restore at some point if there is a problem?

Any thoughts/ experiences?

edit: it appears there is a dmg within the "show package contents" - looks like I can make a bootable usb from that

anyone else like thinking out loud on thumped?

Thinking of this myself, I'd be interested to hear how you get on anyway.

Upgraded the other day & you barely notice any difference from 10.7. Install (upgrade for me, I didn't do an erase & install) took weirdly long, well over an hour and progress time estimation jumped to negative to positive time, they've probably fixed this since the day one release I'd say. Notfication area seems pretty useless for moment since no apps take advantage of it yet, I'm a growl user so it will be interesting if it might tempt me away when it gains some traction. I'm not a mail.app user but I hear it's got VIP inbox now (like the Priority Inbox in gmail) so that might be handy for email client fans. The new notes.app is handy, I use it heavily on iPhone for punching in small tidbits of info so the sync between iOS and OS X through iCloud is a nice feature.

2 tiny things that bug me:
- Can't disable Preview column in Finder - they actually disabled this niggle for me in 10.7 and it's still missing in 10.8. In the past there was an option to collapse the media panel of the preview column so you could just view the file metadata instead of the file loading as well. Having a preview load for huge files (i.e. video .mkvs) was annoying and i used to keep it disabled.
- Only one place to re-size the column view in Finder. I use the column view in Finder, in the past you could double click on the right side of a file column and it would re-size to fit the longest filename/folder in the directory. You can't do this anymore. Now you have to use a little separator control at the end of each file column divider that you can double-click or drag left/right to change size of each column.

Thinking of this myself, I'd be interested to hear how you get on anyway.

Very straightforward in theory.

I may clear up some time later in the week to do it.

Fingers crossed I can still run "legacy" FCP without compromise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back