mothers.just how bad is it. (1 Viewer)

whathappen?

just wanted to know just how painful childbirth is. it looks hideous on the telly. is it really that awful.and what about your nether regions.whats the buzz with a nasty rumour i heard about gettinng stitches there.surely thats pretty painful?all this tearing thing :eek: and after.do you go back to the way you were before? i mean in terms of feeling "down there". i heard a story of a woman who was "torn"( awful term) all the way backto her back passage.Is that possible.? also can you request a c section if you want one.
i'm not pregnant in case anyone who knows me reads this. i just want to know these things.

Yeah, you can tear to your bum hole.
No, you dont want a C-section unless there are lives at stake. (If you think births look scary, wait till you see a section.)
I would imagine it hurts quite a bit. But humans can't remember pain, so you will be grand. :)

We're going to try out a thing called Hypnobirthing. My girlfriend's sister did this and it really helped her when she gave birth.

Basically it helps you to think of the contractions as something positive and your body doesn't go in to the "fight or flight" mode when you're in shock.

There's more about it here:
http://www.hypnobirthing.co.uk/

We're going to try out a thing called Hypnobirthing. My girlfriend's sister did this and it really helped her when she gave birth.

Basically it helps you to think of the contractions as something positive and your body doesn't go in to the "fight or flight" mode when you're in shock.

There's more about it here:
http://www.hypnobirthing.co.uk/

Ooh, that sounds very interesting, must check it out. I think I might consider acupunture, it is being used in place of anaesthetic for surgery and they are finding that it has a very high success rate in reducing pain and inducing relaxation during childbirth.

i would consider having a doula for when i give birth. (im not pregnant either but)
i also like the idea of a water birth.

seriously though - what's the deal with getting your sex life back after? it's such a huge thing for the body to go through - plus if you get stitches....oh lordy.

i personally dont want a c section unless its absolutely necessary. plus i have two tattoos that would be completely dissected by the scalpel - not that i would care if it was best for the baby!

anyway childbirth - woah. my ma had the 4 of us with no pain relief. jaysus.

Good question. I don't think I've ever been rated, though you never know. I do know a guy who was, well, not really underrated by girls, but they did laugh about his, shall we say, "club-like" endowment. To me. So I felt it my duty to relay this information to him.

hey mothers, is it true that sometimes its possible for the epidural to wear off and then you have to give birth and feel all the pain?

also when you get the epidural can you literaly feel NO pain or is that a myth?

my missus had an epidural for both, haviong intended not to have one

The second time the doctor asked me what to do!

both times, the epidural seemed to do its job

however both of hers were a c-section

We're going to try out a thing called Hypnobirthing. http://www.hypnobirthing.co.uk/

Ahahahahahahaha hahahahaa haha

I think I might consider acupunture

Hohohohohohoo ha ha guffaw

seriously though - what's the deal with getting your sex life back after? it's such a huge thing for the body to go through - plus if you get stitches....oh lordy.
:(

Childbirth is singularly the most painful, insane thing I have ever experienced that no amount of hypnobirthing or acupuncture could relieve. Ever. Having experienced childbirth nothing other than a clock on the head, or an epidural in the back could relieve the unbearable pain. The one thing to keep in mind though is that the doctor could literally rip you open and you wouldn't give a hoot. You just want the baby out! Then the nanosecond your baby is born, you instantly forget the pain and it's the BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD - blub.

I practiced pre-natal yoga and was all ready for having an active birth but you can't plan for it really and when my little one wanted out she decided to make life difficult for us both so I was induced and had a ventouse delivery to get her out quickly. Little monkey was distressed.

As for your sex life afterwwards? It's not even that you're not interested because of what happened to your body; it's more that you will never have the energy ever again. Well at least until you finish breast feeding and get rid of some of your tyre and little baby starts sleeping through the night.

It's mostly only women who don't have kids who get hung up on the pain of childbirth. People's experiences are so diverse you wouldn't believe it.

Mrs. egg_ went on a big natural birth buzz before ours, did yoga for childbirth and lots of research into positions for easing labour (the books say the most painful way to give birth is lying on your back with your feet in the air, as enforced by most Irish hospitals) ... and then had to have an emergency C-section, which was pretty unpleasant

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back