MORRISSEY IS GOD (1 Viewer)

Thanks to CMAT the Nolans have gone the way of Phil Collins and Enya and are now considered pretty cool btw.

I don't even know what CMAT is.

I was reading about them though.

> In February 2020 The Nolans announced their new TV show In The Mood For Cruising,

I was really hoping this was about them looking for anonymous gay sex, which would be wildly popular, and lead to the almost inevitable follow up: The Nolans Go Dogging in Mullingar.

I can see the appeal, look up a Nolans performance in youtube and it's basically a portal into an ancient world that doesn't exist anymore.

I suppose it's not a million miles from Ray Davies taking music hall music and doing it in 1967 🤷‍♂️

Thanks to CMAT the Nolans have gone the way of Phil Collins and Enya and are now considered pretty cool btw.

My current fascination is at a point in time where people in cities were required to adapt their lifestyle to the point that they live socially like rural people do that the result was the rocket like propulsion of a country singer into the limelight like its 1976 all over again. It goes back to music being the soundtrack to things, or at least to be successful it has to, and country is a highly evolved form of music based around isolation. I wouldn't detatch if from CMAT being a really really good songwriter, singer and entertainer but I do think it is a part of what made 2020 perfect for her. Enya is probably on that trip too.

My current fascination is at a point in time where people in cities were required to adapt their lifestyle to the point that they live socially like rural people do that the result was the rocket like propulsion of a country singer into the limelight like its 1976 all over again. It goes back to music being the soundtrack to things, or at least to be successful it has to, and country is a highly evolved form of music based around isolation. I wouldn't detatch if from CMAT being a really really good songwriter, singer and entertainer but I do think it is a part of what made 2020 perfect for her. Enya is probably on that trip too.
It's like punk never happened mate.

(good post. I have decided CMAT is worth all the hype)

It's like punk never happened mate.

(good post. I have decided CMAT is worth all the hype)

Just dawned on me the other two massive hits were both about houses basically

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How do aging gentlemen like myself get access to this new music? Do I have to listen to 98FM and the like? Do I have to subscribe to teenagers on youtube and instagram?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back