MORRISSEY IS GOD (2 Viewers)

He (or more likely his PR/Merch crew) really lands himself in it every so often. I really doubt he's racist though - whether thats consciously or unconsciously. It would be contrary to most other aspects of his character.

I doubt he came up with the idea for the t-shirt.

20992602_10211813760891003_3112500274642534672_n.jpg

here's a review of the new Morrissey album

Morrissey - Low In High School
LP, £21.49 on BMG.
Clinton gave this 4/10
Following his gruesome comments regarding UKIP's leadership contest, I re-read Morrissey's 2013 autobiography - a book which perfectly mirrors his musical career. It begins as a fascinatingly literate, darkly comic tomb full of kitchen sink dramas, it ends a bloated, deluded, endless gripe about chart positions and perceived injustices. Rarely has a former hero gone down in my estimation. Most people just get steadily less interesting over the years. Morrissey, however has metamorphosized, from hero to twat in front our very eyes.

Talking about Morrissey's music these days is a little like discussing Nigel Farage's oratory skills. It doesn't really matter how it's presented, there's something so terribly unsavoury behind it that not even his long learned skills can save it. His previous record 'World Peace Is None of Your Business' had it's moments, particularly when Morrissey gave up the meat and potatoes chug he's been content to peddle for the last 20 or so years to delve into subtly created torch songs. But as usual Morrissey fell out with his label, blaming all and sundry for the records failure without having the humility to acknowledge that he himself...you know... might be part of the problem.

'Low In High School' is even worse than Morrissey's most leaden moments, it's resolutely awful throughout. A ham fisted slog through a series of listless compositions that take the Smithsblueprint and hammer it into the grave. Guitars are played with boxing gloves, horns are added lasciviously, sweeping strings are plonked on top in a desperate attempt at emotion. It's full of utter tripe - 'Home Is a Question Mark' is like 'I Know It's Over' played by Embrace, opener 'My Love, I'd Do Anything For You' is performed as if by a herd of oxen and single 'Spent the Day In Bed' is as smug as any Piers Morgan thought piece. Overleaf 'The Girl From Tel Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel' is a hopeless piano led Flamenco ditty and 'All The Young People Must Fall In Love' is a sub Sweet tuneless, vapid nothing of a song. Over it all the familiar whinny of a man with so little left to say that his only hope of piquing interest is acting like some kind of Daily Mail columnist.

Again Morrissey will point the finger of blame for this records failure at everyone but himself. Publicists, record companies, the press, the fickle public will all get it in the neck. But only one person is to blame - the man who once claimed ludicrously that his success was all down to himself with no help from others. Morrissey - it's you. You are a fool man. Move on, everyone... move on.

from Norman Records (who do excellent reviews in their mailouts)

Poor Morrissey

Watched the Morrissey biopic. A strange one. It’s neither good nor bad, it just sort of... is. It’s like they put the least amount of effort into making it, possibly because they didn’t have the rights to the smiths music but were contractually obliged to making it, maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back