MORRISSEY IS GOD (2 Viewers)

He's more well known for saying "chinese people are a subspecies" than any music he's released in years.

Single handedly responsible for keeping the phrase 'kitchen-sink drama' in the lexicon. God-like.

I will reserve judgement until I've read the book he wrote telling us how great he is and how everyone else is wrong and he's right, always.

You can listen to it being sung in his likeness.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Guardian website was all a flutter over this yesterday, there must have been a half dozen separate articles.

I saw one of his last (apparently) gigs in Mexico - and he rocked - infinitely better than when I saw him in UL a few years before.
I know this is not cool to say, but they did fantasitc versions of Still Ill and That Joke..
Slayed.

I'm a good bit into the first bit of the book and enjoying it. The background to growing up in Manchester is well written and quite evocative. I'm surprised at how strong his links to his family are as well.
I'm interested to read about his own take on his fame, with the Smiths and post-Smiths. Whatever you think of him, he has had an extraordinary career largely on his own terms, and never really played the standard fame game.
I hope the book doesn't descend into a Golden Cleric Awards speech; though I fear it will.

Not sure what I did there.
I meant to reply -
Outrageous and very silly.
There was a funny "heated debate" on C4 news about it last night. Author Tim Lott very aggrieved over the book's Classic status; quite funny.

Needs to get back Alain Whyte. Morrissey wrote his best post-Smiths songs with him before ditching him about a decade ago.

I love the music (and the man, mostly) and I'll never "grow out of him".

On the subject of his autobiography though, doesn't anyone remember that Channel 4 documentary from a few years ago which showed him hanging out with Nancy Sinatra and generally just acting kind of odd in LA? That was enough of an insight into his life for me anyway, though I'll read the book sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back