Moodymaan last night (1 Viewer)

Wobbler

Website
www.discogs.com
So, I went to see Moodymann last night. He was playing along with Richard Dorfmeister in the Spiegeltent. I knew Moodymann was to be on first so I got there at 11, only to find out he started at 10.30. You couldn't actually see him because he was playing behind a screen, you could ony see a sillouhette (sp?). It was probably the most mixed up set I've ever seen. It felt like it was just someone playing you their favourite records rather than a dj set. Very little mixing and the sequencing was bizzare. He didn't play any of his own stuff, which showed an impressive amount of humility (imho). Every track he played was excellent - disco, house, soul, hip hop, jazz, techno & latiny stuff. The only tracks I recognised were Dj Pierre's Acid Trax and Modern Romance - Can You Move. He also played lil Louis - I Called U. but someone told me what it was, I didn't recognise it. It was loads of fun and a great opportunity to listen to a house music legend play some of his favourites. He did some talking too, something which would normally piss me off, but I enjoyed yesterday. Despite the screen it was one of the most intimate dj sets I've ever seen (admittedly faint praise). The venue was only about 1/3 full for the duration of the set. Anyway, he finished up at about midnight and Richard Dorfmeister came on lomg with an Mc called Earl Zinger came on.

Dorfmeister played some really bland boring house to a very appreciative crowd (the place filled up as soon as he came on). The Mc, in fairness, made it a bit more interesting but still it was just dull, slickly produced annomyous house music. The audience didn't seem to care though. What gives?

Yeah, I didn't get it either. I actually thought it was one of the most bland gigs I've been at in years, how the crowd lapped it up was beyond me. I only managed to get in because this lad leaving gave me his stub. Security stopped people with tickets getting in from 12 on, literally 4 people that had tickets were refused then loads more as well. A load of arguing broke out and a crowd developed at the entrance. Security said the place was full to capacity or sinking. When we eventually blagged our way in on the pack of the aassembled anger over the tickiets, it was empty. So it begs the question:

1. Unscrupulous promoter over selling tickets for the bottom line and fire and safety stepping in?

2. Promoter fills the guestlist with the knobends of the fringefest fucking over ticket buying punters who miss an hour of the gig as things are assessed

3. Incompetent security leading to honest confusion.

hey

to let you know, the fringe has 100% control of ticket sales for the spiegeltent, the individual promoters dont deal with tickets sales or fringe guest list...

didnt even know there was an issue at the door.....will let them know about your complaint....

thanks remedy

ps i loved dorf's set!

hey

to let you know, the fringe has 100% control of ticket sales for the spiegeltent, the individual promoters dont deal with tickets sales or fringe guest list...

didnt even know there was an issue at the door.....will let them know about your complaint....

thanks remedy

ps i loved dorf's set!

Anthony Mooney sues Thumped.ie shocker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back