Modding an amps tone stack... (1 Viewer)

Anyone know someone that can do such a thing here in Dubs?

Anyone ever had it done??

thats a bit of a how long is a piece of string question!
if its a well known mod on a well known amp, with lots of info online I'd say anyone of about 4 people on thumped could do it. (you might be able to do it yourself)
if its 'well it like to have more mids/bass/treb on my clean channel' type thing you might need to take it to a tech
whats the amp/mod in mind??

thats a bit of a how long is a piece of string question!
if its a well known mod on a well known amp, with lots of info online I'd say anyone of about 4 people on thumped could do it. (you might be able to do it yourself)
if its 'well it like to have more mids/bass/treb on my clean channel' type thing you might need to take it to a tech
whats the amp/mod in mind??

It's a handwired Carlsbro TR 60... back when Carlsbro was a boutique amp manufacturer... there's a few well known mods... a "fender" TS mod and a "Marshall" TS mod.

I'd like to do the Fender mod on one channel and the Marshall on the other... :)

Thanks for replying man!!

It's a handwired Carlsbro TR 60... back when Carlsbro was a boutique amp manufacturer... there's a few well known mods... a "fender" TS mod and a "Marshall" TS mod.

I'd like to do the Fender mod on one channel and the Marshall on the other... :)

Thanks for replying man!!

so basically you'd be looking at building two new tone stacks? not in itself difficult or expensive. any of them here?

http://amps.zugster.net/articles/tone-stacks

if it was my own amp I'd give it a go myself, but I wouldnt risk my limited(if so far sucessful) soldering experience on your rarity. maybe moose could help you out??

so basically you'd be looking at building two new tone stacks? not in itself difficult or expensive. any of them here?

http://amps.zugster.net/articles/tone-stacks

if it was my own amp I'd give it a go myself, but I wouldnt risk my limited(if so far sucessful) soldering experience on your rarity. maybe moose could help you out??

Exactly right!

I just barely know anything about this, but all the blokes on the vintage amps forums swear that this will make the combo into one of the best combos ever sold... I've heard this repeatedly... trying not to get hope up, bu you should see the inside of these things... amazing!

Exactly right!

I just barely know anything about this, but all the blokes on the vintage amps forums swear that this will make the combo into one of the best combos ever sold... I've heard this repeatedly... trying not to get hope up, bu you should see the inside of these things... amazing!

the great thing about someting like this is you could rebuild the original stacks, or a completely different stack fairly handily if required. any pics of the inside for the solder nerds?

the great thing about someting like this is you could rebuild the original stacks, or a completely different stack fairly handily if required. any pics of the inside for the solder nerds?

;)

inside1op5.jpg

this is from the head, not combo, but there's the same essentially... amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back