moan, moan, moan (1 Viewer)

So basically you boss people around in the studio for a few months and then send them out playing shows while you reap the profits.

Sounds appealing.

There's hardly much profit in it in this country....not unless its a wedding band or a Nathan Carter tribute act...

Speaking personally I don't think I'd be interested in working on any musical project unpaid for an indefinite amount of time unless I had some kind of ownership - like if it was my own project, or a band I was a member of. If you were my friend I'd be more than happy to turn up for a few hours in a studio and sing what you told me to, but committing indefinitely to working on someone else's shit? Where's the upside? Maybe the singer just didn't like your tunes enough?

Looking for a silver lining here: at least the dope of a singer bailed now before you were a lot further down the line with the project and had put a lot more work in. Maybe they bottled it because of the celebrity interest, maybe not. I'd rather have someone quit on a project sooner rather than later. Someone as unpredictable as this is very unlikely to be any kind of joy to work with, and very likely to baulk at the kind of schedules and work that being in a successful artist involves. It totally sucks, but at least you weren't dragged on further before they did this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back