moan, moan, moan (1 Viewer)

also, tell the singer to cop on

the singer has been told, and not just by me....

In many ways this comes down to the fact that they won't accept help... I know that's kinda vague, but anyway...

I'm still out there looking for a replacement, someone that WANTS this, and doesn't have to be forced into something many of us would try years to get...

Youth is wasted on the young.

I had trials for Leeds

soccer-in-America-fat-goalkeeper.jpg
I assume that's Ronaldo he's got under that jersey?

Surely you can find a zillion amazing singers in BIMM or someplace?
Bwahahahahahaha

Eh, no.

BIMM produces vast amounts of garbage.

I have actually been paid to do final projects for a few of their students, because after taking their courses the students couldn't even do basic audio production.

And the singers I've met from there (5) have either been surprisingly lousy, and chancers, or flakes that couldn't bother to show up for things.

You'd think that people could be arsed to give enough of a shit to keep a small commitment, but you'd be wrong.

Literally, I had two BIMMers blow me off yesterday, and the original singer also went to BIMM.

Whatever they teach there it's not working.

Not really clear on what the singer's problem was. Just too much work for her?

BIMM does sound like a load of me arse alright. That said, it can't possibly be that hard to find a decent singer. I could name several truly excellent female singers who aren't exactly overworked in Dublin right now off the top of my head.

Not really clear on what the singer's problem was. Just too much work for her?

BIMM does sound like a load of me arse alright. That said, it can't possibly be that hard to find a decent singer. I could name several truly excellent female singers who aren't exactly overworked in Dublin right now off the top of my head.
Well if you wanna PM some names/contact details I'll hit them up... I need someone that would be dedicated though... like meeting every week, spending hours a week, no shortcuts or bullshit.... and of course they'd have to commit for... well. How long is a piece of string... I mean, assuming it all worked out.

What I don't need is someone to feign interest until it's too hard or they wanna have fun instead of working.

It's what I expect from myself, so have no issues expecting it from others. ;)

yeah as a person who goes to about 2 gigs a week, i've probably got a top 8 in galway right off the top of my head. i heard dublin is bigger.
Well, feel ABSOLUTELY free to give me details.

With the caveats I just mentioned to hermie.

People want the good shit w/o the work. ;)

Oh one more thing, before anyone runs off and tells people to contact me or anything: this is NOT a band.

I can help the project play live in lots of ways, but I won't be touring around Irelands most famous shit holes again.

Don't get me wrong, that's fun, but I'm done with that.

Oh one more thing, before anyone runs off and tells people to contact me or anything: this is NOT a band.

I can help the project play live in lots of ways, but I won't be touring around Irelands most famous shit holes again.

Don't get me wrong, that's fun, but I'm done with that.

So basically you boss people around in the studio for a few months and then send them out playing shows while you reap the profits.

Sounds appealing.

Also sounds like you dont want to be a musician.

So basically you boss people around in the studio for a few months and then send them out playing shows while you reap the profits.

Sounds appealing.

You left out the celebrity bit.

Sounds appealing.

I don't boss anyone.

I will probably doing most of the work and have repeatedly given more than was fair to people I work with, frankly.

I am also the one that put in all the work to get the thing in the first place.

I am honest upfront and no one is forced to do anything.

And finally, if you think playing shitty gigs for no reason is somehow the sign of being a musician thats on you. Endless session musicians and songwriter that play on and write records that have made millions happy would probably think you're pretty clueless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back