moan, moan, moan (1 Viewer)

MilanPan!c

Pretty much no one knows who I am here, the few that do don't give a shit and so it feels like a safe place to moan.

I assume this will, as it should, drop like a stone, so don't anyone feel obliged to respond.

MOAN:

I recently started working on a record with a singer. I am not a singer nor will I ever be a singer. I make Jandek look like Ariana Grande. At any rate, I was hired to produce this record. It was going VERY well, and a "famous person" - no I won't tell you who don't ask - approached me about the project, and working with me and the singer. They're a VERY famous celeb producer/musician and have started a label/business/yada and are trying to find talent. I met them through a third party who works with them and the offer is sincere and legit.

I then told the singer this - obv - and the singer was very excited, for about a month. Now they have completely decided they're incapable of pursuing this for a myriad of IMO ridiculous reasons and the whole thing is dead.

The is the SECOND time this has happened to me. The first time lost me a deal with a major label. Maybe a blessing there...

I am beyond... I don't know... depressed.. annoyed... whatever... not happy.

I have since this all happened desperately looked (mistake 1) for a replacement singer and have met nothing but fucking chancers, flakes and talentless jerks.

Truly, truly, truly, I am about to give up on music.

If I could move to London, I have offers of work there - production/songwriting work, but I can't.

So, maybe Tesco is hiring.

END MOAN

Thanks for listening, and let the mockery and piss taking begin.

Or the silence, either way I'm it's fine.

So the singer bailed on the project? Shame. You found o.... wait, I just reread the thing.... sucks.
Was the famous person more interested in the singer than you? Maybe they'll turn up working together. That'll suck more.

The singer sounds like they need a ruddy good talking to.

giving-out-n.jpg

So the singer bailed on the project? Shame. You found o.... wait, I just reread the thing.... sucks.
Was the famous person more interested in the singer than you? Maybe they'll turn up working together. That'll suck more.
Yeah that occurred to me, but the singer is a young'un and has no connections, and I know someone on the inside, and that's not what's happening.

And no it was/potentially is me... I tend to be the idiot behind the scenes that gets the work done and the short stick.

The singer is talented, but... you know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back