Miscellaneous book trivia and stuff (1 Viewer)

Haha, I bleed green m8. no I like Sean O Neill, he's very funny on Twitter but I'm avoiding the Rooney discourse. I'll read the book though.
I'm probably gonna avoid reading the book for about a year tbh, for that very reason. The discourse is all too much.

I had no interest in her books but enjoyed that article and now I’m slightly more interested in reading one of her books. She needs to do some short stories about ghosts though to really grab me.

I quite liked her first book even though I disliked the characters. I think Anne Enright does similar stuff with more insight and depth of character. But still, very skilled and enjoyable I'll likely read theis new one. Up Mayo.

that article said:
I registered Marianne’s porcelain outsiderness as doing something else: as telling a story about the quintessential oddness of small-town Irish life, where minor aesthetic divergences like the absence of fake tan, wearing a loudly patterned dress, or the fact Marianne doesn’t “put make-up on [her] face,” will quickly have you labeled goth or emo
Hahaha - my eldest has been called "emo" as an insult on the streets of Drogheda for, I think, exactly these 3 reasons

Hahaha. I was about to post, "I hated Room so no thanks" but it turns out she didn't write Room. I've hated her for years now thinking she wrote that book.

So, sorry about that.

Her first two books are almost entirely set in Dublin. One of them has a bit of Mayo and the other a big chunk in France.

I had no interest in her books but enjoyed that article and now I’m slightly more interested in reading one of her books. She needs to do some short stories about ghosts though to really grab me.

whoever the hell it is who is doing her marketing is certainly earning their dosh. it’s a bit bizarro that a mayo marxist is suddenly beyoncé. good books and all but the hoopla is pretty weird.

there are even hype articles about how hyped up all the hype is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back