Miscellaneous book trivia and stuff (2 Viewers)

Its an interesting quesion. Is some of it dependant on the kind of litearture you like reading? I'm a really emotive reader, and don't care too much about plot and structure (as long as they're not terrible). Am I being naive when I find it hard to wrap my head around the idea of AI creating compelling emotional intelligence?

The article does talk a lot more about screenplays, which I can sort of see working better, especially because so much of the emotional impact is based on the actor's/directors interpretation... interesting ANYWAY

I assume in a few years AI could throw together a standard Netflix show that has a half-decent idea executed flashily that has nothing of interest to say by the end of the season but has hit all the correct emotional "beats."

Yeah some of the Kdramas I spent my weekend watching could have been written by a robot to be fair.

You're probably right about it working well for scripts since humans still have to act the damn thing, unless we replace them by life-like AI characters i guess.

To be positive, AI could probably help in the writing of, say, a potboiler by writing half the basic plot, fact checking period details and allowing you to concentrate on how it's written and making changes to the formula as you see fit.

Yeah, this is sort of what I was getting at. There are some genres that it could work really well for, and it could make the author more of a "curator" or "refiner" so to speak!

This is the exact topic that every presenter at every tech writing conference I've gone to for work covers too, and the answer of whether AI can do our jobs is a LOT easier to answer - hard yes.

Ah yeah that's a good watch. I got it on torrents a while back. Very much one of my favourite writers. Her blogs used to be great, she was so merciless.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm reading Imperial at the moment, it's a bit of a slog

Anyway, important twitter account

In fairness to Betsy this looks less like a bookcase and more like a cabinet for displaying the photos and the weird vase things

I'm half way through Tokyo Redux by David Peace. Nowhere is it mentioned on the cover that it is part 3 of a trilogy and I didn't know, I just googled the book there now and found out. Annoying.

i once saw a richard mabey book in a bookshop i'd not heard of before so i bought it, got it home, and realised they'd merely renamed one of his best known books and relaunched it. the staff in the bookshop were unimpressed too when i told them, so there was no issue returning it.

Some kind of TERF war is ongoing over whether or not Terry Pratchett would have supported trans rights/ been "gender critical" or whatever.

I mean, jaysus.

This can be a crossover with the Twitter pile-on thread

That's the lady who defended having a cleaner because her husband and sons are too slovenly and lazy to clean up after themselves and she's too busy going mental about trans people on twitter. She also thinks Owen Jones is trying to get her killed or something. A real whackjob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back